Record your hunts, with what scope recommendations

I have two ATN Scopes that I use to record hunts. I bought the ATN X-Sight 4K Pro 3-14 refurbished for $549. It also has night vision, and comes with an IR Illuminator, as you can see in this photo. The scope with the white font is the X-Sight 4K Pro, while the scope with the red font in the Thor 4 thermal scope.

20210510_012607.1622086789.jpg

I'd go sightmark wraith or wraith max new version 3-24 power. You can pick up a used wraith for $285 to $350 on ebay new for around $450 and up. Video s are great day or night .it's very easy to use . I managed and I don't even have a smart phone.

Do you have any posted videos available using the wraith? A picture/video is worth a thousand words. (chuckle)

Thanks!

I know the OP originally just wanted a scope to video hunts with. But some other considerations will also come into play such as:

1. Battery Life: ATN X-Sight has 18 hours of battery life on a charge.
  2. Video with sound: ATN records sound with videos.
  3. 120fps: The ATN can record at high frame rates which give great slo-mo video when used with video editing software.
  4. One Shot Zero: Easy sighting of your weapon with just a single shot.
  5. Built In Ballistics Calculator: You can plug in the pellet/slug weight and BC, fps and distance to the target, and the scope will move your recticle to the new POI!
  6. Takes pictures too.
  7. Recoil Activated Video: You can set the scope to record video 5,10,15 seconds before and 5,10,15 seconds after your shot. This can also be calibrated for airgun use.
  8. Recticle: Multiple Color recticle options and an active Mil-Dot recticle that changes the recticle spacing based on your zoom level.
  9. Multiple profiles for multiple ammo or to swap scope to another gun.
    [/LIST=1]

I made this video just for the OP so he could see the X-Sight 4K in action!

https://youtu.be/OyPfNArrCa0

I have two ATN 4k pro’s and have zero regrets or buyers remorse. My only tip for the ATN is use a high quality SD card and NEVER try to open the firmware file (.bin). Windows can and will corrupt the file if you try to open it. Besides that, the scopes are fantastic for recording day and night. If you use at night make sure the illuminator wavelength matches the sensor for best video quality. I use mine for hunting everything from squirrels to hogs, as the multi-profile allows for quick platform/gun changes. Had to get a 20moa rail for the big bore because the drop was pushing the adjustment limits, but thats not limited to this scope as others needed the rail as well. Just my 2 cents, happy shooting!

Thanks for the video, is the battery rechargeable?

Yup, the battery is rechargeable with a typical USB-C connector you'd use for a cellphone. The I.R. Illuminator is completely detachable, so no worries about states that have laws against that.

The battery life is seriously crazy on this scope, they aren't joking when they say 18 hours. I let my ATN THOR 4 scope set for two months without use, and it was still fully charged and ready to go when I turned it on. I charge the scope like every 10 uses or so because it last so darn long!