• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Recommended Pellet For Nitro Piston

I have a new Ruger nitro piston break barrel rifle and was looking for a good quality.177 cal. pellet with good accuracy that won't break the bank. I have some Stoeger X-Magnums and Gamo Silent Cats. Stoegers were pricey. Gamo's came from wally world but were not cheap. Stoegers are very accurate but $11 for 300 was kinda high to me but I have been away from air rifles for a long time. 

Any recommendations would be ggreatly appreciated.

JSB pellets start with, then try about 5 others and see which one shoots the best. Really whatever lands your zero is what you want.

That being said, you might get some hollow points if you intend to shoot some pests. If you manage to buy a hollow point that is of similar weight as your all around pellet, then your flight pattern hopefully is within a holdover margin and you can use your scope calibrated for both ammos/zeroed for the all around Diabolo and holdover for hollow. Try to zero it between 10-30 yards.

I saw nobody answered this yet so help that helps. I suspect you will get more help today being the weekend and all.

Oh one last thing: JSBs are usually between $15-30bucks, BUT you will not waste as many ideally because you are hitting zero. But if you try 5 or so out, you can always start with a cheap one like a tin of Crosman Premiers (they I think have

one called extreme magnum and it is a diabolo shaped pellet.

I have an HW95 and it does pretty well shooting Crosmans, so I shoot that most and sometimes switch back to the JSBs (that hold up to wind better).

Thanks for the recommendation. Was reading on another site where RWS Super Domes get really good reviews and are not real expensive.

I shoot a lot of the RWS Superdomes and they are very good in several of my guns. Also try the basic Crosman pellets. They also shoot very well in many of mine. Each gun will often have it's own "preference" for pellets.