• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Recommended Hatsan 95 Scope Mount/Rings

I purchased a shorter unit and I should have gone with the recommended product. By the time all was settled, I had to remover the stop block and use a stop pin in the third hole to get the scope where I wanted it. The recommended unit is both stronger and more appropriate for this usage, while I believe the stop block can be left in place instead of using a pin. The unit I did get has a massive engagement with the rings. Almost a quarter inch and the bottom of the rings are right against the flats on the bar. You almost have to remove the screws to get the rings on the mount, and then wind them way back in.

It held just fine while I sighted it in.

I'm looking forward to your review. I love it when folk can get these less expensive guns to perform really well for them. My Gamo was OK for the first few weeks, then could not group better than 3-4" at 25 yards. It also kicked like a mule. That has been enough to never want one ever again. That and have read the same experience from many other folk. 

I still have it, maybe one day I will take it apart and see what I see. I actually liked the form factor. It's an under lever with a rotating breech. 

My Walthers routinely group at 1/2" at 30 yards, consistently. While I don't compete, only hunt, it's nice to have the confidence in the shot. Headshots on Chipmunks are not a problem, I could not do that with a gun that grouped at 1.5" 

I am not familiar. As i have told you in the past, i would have echoed your opinion until i started sorting the lighter guns by review and stats for my grandson to use. Factoring price, reviews, features, and then placing that over the critical weight factor, I bought a Gamo Swarm Maxxim.

It will do half inch groups with several pellets, if you do your part. It doesn't make much more fuss than the old HW55 did doing it. It is easier to cock than any spring rifle of this power level I have ever shot. The power is just what i was looking for. The CAT trigger is usable without upgrade. The feed system is batting 100 percent a few thousand rounds in, except for the attempt with the Redfires that don't fit.

There is nothing amazing about it. The reviews describe the rifle pretty well. It will do exactly what they said it will, and after cocking the 95 all day yesterday, the Maxxim almost cocks itself, at the same power level.

The rifle is sensitive to sideways pressure on the trigger. If you rest it on the wool mat, it will shoot high. You grab it, and it will shoot low. You place it in your hand, hold it loosely, thumb center of barrel, not wrapped around, then squeeze straight back towards your thumb with the trigger finger, and it will shoot the same place time after time. That is off a three foot thick stump with an old wool blanket on top and a milk crate to sit on, holding the rifle. Not off a bench with a bunny bag. 

I am sorry you have a gun you have a problem with, but indicting all forms of Gamo over it does you a disservice. Even my BSA Techstar is a Gamo product, and at twenty yards, it would literally stack pellets in the same hole.

I pray I have the opportunity to shoot one of those Maxxims someday & will let you know. Can't really call the Techstar a Gamo Product though. If it was made in the Birmingham facility in England and specially if it has a BSA barrel, it's only a Gamo by ownership rights. 

Back to the original topic. Can you post a picture of what you ended up with? I usually get these Pic Risers from Amazon, pretty easy to return for the other one if you think it will work out better. 

I bought the Monstrum. It has two screws, a screw in stop pin, and there is a hole so if you go get the right thread and length bolt, you can actually bolt it down on top of the clamping force. The one that came with it is the wrong thread and too long.

I would have preferred three screws and the bolt too with a scope as heavy as the Centerpoint I am using right now. The stop pin hole is only on one end, so you cannot simply turn it around and leave the stop block in place. You have to remove the stop block and use it as far back as it will go. Add a stop pin hole on the other end also, and I think I would prefer this one still.

A quick trip out to match threads and length of the needed screw this one should be a rock on the Harsan guns, but the one that was recommended gives more room to adjust position.

They always look bad to me. My front ring is against the bell flare, and the rear ring against the center piece of the scope. The spacing of the mount is perfect for that set up on this scope. The rings are in the last slot on each end.

When i finally get a scope for this rifle, i will likely bolt the mount down at the same time. Right now it is shooting good groups, but that is a couple of hundred pellets in.