Recommended FPE for vervet monkeys

Yeah I'm careful never assumed their dead until they don't move for 5 or 10 minutes. The key thing I look for is enough blood loss. If I see a pool of blood I figure the blood loss alone will ensure their death. Headshots always ends in a pool of blood. I learned to try to take care of the corpse within 30 minutes or rigor mortis sets and make them harder package into a small bundle.

I believe he's tuned his impact in 22 as high as 100 fpe but I don't know what he uses on them monkeys. Shot count is really low at that energy level.
@Jim D At the muzzle perhaps, but not out at distance.
Found this, I’m thinking “fox” size, although the vervets here are quite a bit lighter, 10lbs or so.
I’m getting 35 ftlbs out to 100 yards so I’m thinking anything 75 and close…just to make sure.

IMG_3728.jpeg

I remain not-a-fan of that chart. I just do not believe 9 FPE is appropriate for most of us on squirrels. I accept that if you place the shot very, very, well it will work. But my tendency is to believe that beginners and those with relatively inaccurate rigs will read that input and think they are OK blazing away. I prefer to use 30+ fpe guns for the margin they provide and the consistent quick kills with any kind of reasonable placement. But I also use my 18-19 fpe guns and they work fine as long as placement is good. I see no need to use a 9fpe gun on a squirrel. If placement is even a little off, the squirrel is going to run off to die a slow death. Even a squirrel deserves better than that.

Reactions: Bandito and Mr12PM
@beerthief Apparently they let people within about 30 yards. The bait is a great idea, thanks.
Heck, if you can do 30 to 50 yards a .25 Maverick compact or 600mm barrel with a .....oh this is going to get me in trouble...DonnyFL Shogun to quiet it down to a whisper will do it, you'll pop them in the head easily, or a good heart lung hit. 33.95 gr's 905fps 60 ft.Lbs. , You MIGHT get lucky and get 26gr. FX/RMR's (Rocky Mountain Reload) 972fps 54 ft.lbs. to work well that'll drill them big time. Use a good scope, Arken, cheap and clear and you'll be good to go.