• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Recommendations on light weight PCP air pistol .177

For 10 meter shooting the Hammerli AP-20 cannot be beat for low weight, and low cost. It is relatively inexpensive (in the 10 meter world) as well. We have two, that our grandchildren use. The grip can be adjusted for left/right and will fit an adult hand. The best price is at Champions Choice- roughly $700.

Photo of the AP-20 on the line at Camp Perry, being shot by a 11 year old new shooter.

8D9DB081-B93D-4CB8-A3C4-F7472D0358A1.1619877393.jpeg

Not familar with the PCP'S however anything Diana makes is excellent...

The Crossman 2300T or S model both have excellent Iron sights and also an 11mm Dovetail for a Red Dot, I use a Red Dot and a TKO suppresor for my 8 meter Basement shooting...

I'm 79 and have tried almost all the Airgun Pistols and Revolvers and have Settled on the ones I have recommended...

Accuracy will be the same for PCP or CO2, I went CO2 because I didn't want to spend the extra $$$$$ for Compressor and Fittings.....

Not familar with the PCP'S however anything Diana makes is excellent...

The Crossman 2300T or S model both have excellent Iron sights and also an 11mm Dovetail for a Red Dot, I use a Red Dot and a TKO suppresor for my 8 meter Basement shooting...

I'm 79 and have tried almost all the Airgun Pistols and Revolvers and have Settled on the ones I have recommended...

Accuracy will be the same for PCP or CO2, I went CO2 because I didn't want to spend the extra $$$$$ for Compressor and Fittings.....

Diana does not make the Bandit it is made in China and rebadged as half of the airguns in the world are these days. I like the Crosman guns lightweight and simple and they come in a variety of flavors as well.

Tell you why I think the Crossman 1701 in perfect,it is light ,very accurate, can get a lot of shots and is hand pump friendly.

I have most of all the pistols mentioned,one problem is BALANCE....which I feel is very important for offhand shooting....remember a great balance...also remember a red dot or scope should not negate the balance.... more the length of barrel may through the balance off..

Also Crossman Co2 pistol may be the way to go....What about loudness,it is easier for me to shoot a quieter pistol.....

Balance, weight,loudness....accuracy,parts,Easy fill....Fit,parts ,custom grips...etc.....how hard is it to load.....all are factors...

A say get a cheaper Crosman CO2 pistol to start with....get custom grips,whatever sights work for you=Not out of too much money and it is a great start.....