• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Recommendations for HPA Tank?

I'be been hunting with a PCP for alittle over 3 years. 1st with my Benjiamin Disco and now a Seneca Eagle claw, I think its time for an air tank though. I'm not sure about size, cost, and material etc. What brands to avoid and which are worth the extra $

I'm looking to Fill the Sence up to 200 Bar (2,900 psi)

Any advice is welcome, of course the cheaper the better.

You might want to base your tank purchase on what HPA source is available to you. Having your own compressor is optimum; Paintball shops have 4500 psi fill capability and Dive shops usually fill to 3300 psi.

I started out with a SCUBA tank and that served me well enough at the beginning when my PCPS were low volume and low pressure. Had I known at the time, I would have invested on a large carbon fiber tank right away and saved myself the cost of upgrading a couple of years later. I do a lot of target shooting so I use a lot of air.

A friend started out with a couple of second-hand SCUBA tanks that he got at a good price, you might want to call around to the local dive shops to see what is available (check the tank dates!). Fire stations occasionally have old carbon fiber tanks for sale (and may fill them for you - if you ask nicely and bring some donuts :- ) ) so that is another option.

The carbon fibre Air Venturi tanks have good reviews and might be a good way to go if you are considering getting into PCPs with large reservoirs and higher fill pressures in the future. These are convenient because they are light weight and high capacity.

That being said, If you are (mostly) hunting you might want to consider one of those portable HPA compressors and fill directly or maybe get a small tank for portability and convenience. 

Hope this helps!

Hank

I second Joe broncattos tanks. Even if you don't buy his tanks do yourself a favor and buy his microbore hoses. They slowly fill your gun for precise and safe fill up. They save air too. Another way you can go if your like me and live dangerously. Buy an expired Scott air pack and build yourself a whip manifold. I spent 150 bucks total on mine. Dive shops won't fill it but for a couple hundred less than a great white you can buy a Yong heng and a tank. That's what I did and it worked great. However buy it from Amazon and get insurance on the Yong heng. It will break before 3 years and you can get most your money back. 

I second Joe broncattos tanks. Even if you don't buy his tanks do yourself a favor and buy his microbore hoses. They slowly fill your gun for precise and safe fill up. They save air too. Another way you can go if your like me and live dangerously. Buy an expired Scott air pack and build yourself a whip manifold. I spent 150 bucks total on mine. Dive shops won't fill it but for a couple hundred less than a great white you can buy a Yong heng and a tank. That's what I did and it worked great. However buy it from Amazon and get insurance on the Yong heng. It will break before 3 years and you can get most your money back. 

I third Joe Brancatto’s tanks. His slow fill and second gauge make a much safer and easier fill station.

1588536739_1796198505eaf25a389c289.46610016.jpeg