Recommendations: Best scope with most holdover points. Moa or Mil. No dialing.

The Ravin Jack Plate is an elevation scope mount designed to shoot with 250 minutes (MOA) of adjustment.
Use what ever scope you like on it. Coldshot is more $$$, same thing more or less. I don't turn turrets or use holdover personally.
Just something to consider.
1RavinJackPlate.jpg

Reactions: Chard
Here's an article where you may find a good used scope with an older Horus reticle that you like. These Christmas tree reticles stretch way down to the bottom of the lense, and well past what most airguns are capable of shooting.

Reactions: Chard
I wouldn't expect to be doing any precision paper punching at 400y with a sub-$1500 optic. I couldn't see individual POI with a .30cal on Splatterburst targets with a 7-35 beyond 320y in perfect conditions (sun orientation / no mirage).

March would be my choice for paper at those ranges (8-80, 6-60, maybe 4-40 or the 5-40/42).
Hmm. I've heard great things about March. How's the eye relief?

Try buying EAGLE VISION or FX No Limits adjustable rings. Lots of elevation there. Or if your pockets are deep enough, look into a Coldshot Adjustable Scope base.
I have the FX rings mounted on my uragan at the moment. I agree. Thought about coldshot as a last addition. I see you're an Arkie. I'm in southwest Arkansas. I've got some really good friends around carlisle and Cabot.

Reactions: Arkansas_Airgunner
Here's an article where you may find a good used scope with an older Horus reticle that you like. These Christmas tree reticles stretch way down to the bottom of the lense, and well past what most airguns are capable of shooting.

Thank you for the link! Very helpful. Back on the lookout. I sold my vortex diamondback to get another one :)

Some people, me included, dont like dialing and just use holdover. The problem is most scopes don't have enough "built in" moa /mil in the reticle for long distance. What are some good options for up to 400 yards? Around 1k or less.. Thank you.

I shoot out to 400 yards and this is how I do it with only two turret adjustments:
Buy an Athlon Argos, Midas Tac, or Ares with any of the three Christmas tree reticles: APLR2, APLR3, APLR4. All of these reticles have 40 MOA of vertical and range in price from $400-$850. Use no-limit rings so you can adjust an approximate 50 yd zero with your scope turret close to zero MOA so you don't waste any scope adjustment. What muzzle velocity and slug you are using will determine how many MOA you need out to 400 yd s. My muzzle velocity is 1075 fps and with the slugs I am using I need 84 MOA to get out to 400 yds. 40 MOA on the reticle gets me out to 250 yards. Then I make one turret change of +40 MOA which essentially resets my reticle back to zero. Then I use the reticle again to shoot from 275 yards to 375 yards. I do a second turret increase of +40 MOA (80MOA total) which essentially resets the reticle a second time to zero. I then can get my final 400 yard distance at 84 MOA (at this point 4 MOA on the reticle). I sight-in all my yardages in 25 yd increments from 50 to 400 yards.

I shoot out to 400 yards and this is how I do it with only two turret adjustments:
Buy an Athlon Argos, Midas Tac, or Ares with any of the three Christmas tree reticles: APLR2, APLR3, APLR4. All of these reticles have 40 MOA of vertical and range in price from $400-$850. Use no-limit rings so you can adjust an approximate 50 yd zero with your scope turret close to zero MOA so you don't waste any scope adjustment. What muzzle velocity and slug you are using will determine how many MOA you need out to 400 yd s. My muzzle velocity is 1075 fps and with the slugs I am using I need 84 MOA to get out to 400 yds. 40 MOA on the reticle gets me out to 250 yards. Then I make one turret change of +40 MOA which essentially resets my reticle back to zero. Then I use the reticle again to shoot from 275 yards to 375 yards. I do a second turret increase of +40 MOA (80MOA total) which essentially resets the reticle a second time to zero. I then can get my final 400 yard distance at 84 MOA (at this point 4 MOA on the reticle). I sight-in all my yardages in 25 yd increments from 50 to 400 yards.
Sweet!! Thank you! That's a terrific idea and apparently works :) I am still setting up my range and will report back my results. That makes SO much sense to my simple mind. Gracias mi amigo!