• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Recommendation barrel cal 30 slugs

Last edited:
Reactions: Enkey and qball
Having fantastic luck with a newer FX Superior Heavy liner in .30 I'm not an FX guru and all the coding that is on these barrels may be omitted ???
It is a 700mm & shoots 44.75 pellets to 61g slugs really well ! Power is @ 85 to 100 fpe pending weights and slight tune differences.
Original fitment here: https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/fx-30-cal-liner-results-pictures-whoa.1123297/
Hi Scott
Thanks for sharing your experience.
Yes I have a superior liner and 850fps works very well with pellets and I bought a heavy liner 700mm for slugs and I don't get good results.Can you tell me which slugs gave you good results?
Regards
Enkey

Hi Scott
Thanks for sharing your experience.
Yes I have a superior liner and 850fps works very well with pellets and I bought a heavy liner 700mm for slugs and I don't get good results.Can you tell me which slugs gave you good results?
Regards
Enkey
It shoots the 43 to 61 grain NSA's equally well.
Tho understand I'M NOT SHOOTING AN FX RIFLE .... Set up is Under stretch tension and have a complete handle on harmonics & flip.
700mm soda straw barrel liner & .30 cal is a tough marriage to manage :cautious:

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Dispara los NSA de 43 a 61 granos igualmente bien.
Aunque entiendo que NO ESTOY DISPARANDO UN RIFLE FX.... La configuración es bajo tensión de estiramiento y tiene un control completo de armónicos y flip.
El forro de barril de paja de soda de 700 mm y .30 cal es una combinación difícil de manejar:precavido:
👍😉
.300 or .303

Last edited:
I just saw this thread, but TJ's has a 16" twist .300 barrel that isn't listed on a lot of their air gun barrel lists I've seen people post. I have one in my tuned Maverick, and it has done really well with almost every slug I've put in it. The lightest slug I've tried is the NSA 54.5, but I'm usually shooting something in the 67-78 grain range.

Reactions: Enkey and mercado
I just saw this thread, but TJ's has a 16" twist .300 barrel that isn't listed on a lot of their air gun barrel lists I've seen people post. I have one in my tuned Maverick, and it has done really well with almost every slug I've put in it. The lightest slug I've tried is the NSA 54.5, but I'm usually shooting something in the 67-78 grain range.
Hi Rallyshark
Thanks for your contribution
Regards
Enkey

Reactions: Rallyshark