• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Recommend scope with side Parallax

Thank you all for your responses with helping with choosing airguns and pellets and where to buy them from. They are on the way!

I looked at the scopes that you recommended but after some search I decided I will go with the ones that have side parallax adjustment. Problem is its kinda hard to determine which ones are Airgun specific. So if you know a few that you can recommend please let me know. 

Thanks much!

The only requirement that an airgun scope has that many firearm scopes don't is that they focus down to 10 yards as much of our shooting goes on at closer ranges. If you are going to be putting the scope on a springer you need to have a scope that is going to handle that. Most will not and will fall apart promptly after you put them on it. So your scope needs to be approved for airgun use. Some manufacturers will tell you the allowable FPE of the springer the scope will handle. My Diana 45 killed like six scopes till I put my Bushnell Trophy on it. The Trophy held up for 1000 shots before I took it off so I would not ruin it. I put some cheap Winchester 4X AO scope on it next and it seems to be doing just fine. I just put a spring loaded Bullseye mount on my Diana 48, about 500 shots back, so it would not destroy my Hawke and it has done well thus far. Something you might want to look into. One of the things I look for in a scope these days is matching reticle and turrets ie; MOA MOA or Mil Mil. I really hate it when they mix the two. It's like mixing up SAE and Metric sizes. You can just google airgun rated scopes do some research and find something in your price range that has the side parallax you want, the power you want, the reticle you want and is springer friendly. There are so many scopes to wade through out there these days. I really can't recommend one specific scope as I haven't found one that will last on my springers yet myself.

For a quality FFP scope, it's hard to beat discovery. The Black Hound scopes seems excellent as well. I think both are under-priced for what you get. I've got a VT-T 6-24x50 on my FX Crown, and I'm 100% happy with it. I was going to get a Hawke sidewinder, but by the time I pulled the trigger, they were significantly higher priced that when I had looked at them a week or 2 prior. I like the reticle on mine way better, anyhow.

1573412545_12456473465dc85ec1cf6c18.35412401_74525505_507702103293707_6916530048312803328_n.jpg

If memory serves me correct you have chosen a HW98 and a TX200.

Best bang for the money on those two rifles would be the tried and true UTG Accushot 4-16x56

Either this one

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/UTG_Accushot_4_16x56_AO_Rifle_Scope_SWAT_EZ_TAP_Illuminated_Etched_Glass_Mil_Dot_Reticle_1_8_MOA_30mm_Tube_Twist_Lock_See_Thru_Weaver_Picatinny_Rings/4223

or this one

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/UTG_4_16x56_Bubble_Leveler_AO_Rifle_Scope_SWAT_AO_EZ_TAP_Illuminated_Etched_Glass_Mil_Dot_Reticle_1_8_MOA_30mm_Tube_Weaver_Picatinny_Rings/7683

Have a friend that won the Nationals Field Target event this year with one of those on his Benjamin Marauder. Can't beat it for $200, plus you can use the Pyramyd discount codes to knock anywhere from 10 to 20 % off.

IMO, for most airgun shooting, I prefer Hawke scopes. Sidewinder and Airmax. Even for HFT competition, these work extremely well. When you get to BR, then scopes with fine cross hair reticles are needed. A good economy scope is a Mueller 8-32X44 is really good, then I like the Sightron S3. Many folks then go for the more expensive stuff like Nightforce, March, S&B, etc. Ok if you have big bucks to throw around, but I think it's unnecessary. 

Just throwing the Bushnell line out for consideration. They have recently revamped their line, but still offer focus down to 10 yards for most models. I own five of the older models, three Elite 4200 and two Trophys, and they have held up very well for me. I am a turret turner, so prefer a simple uncluttered reticle. Here is a review of a Bushnell Prime 3-12 by our own Joe W Rhea. It ticks all the boxes, and is short enough to fit behind the TX200 loading port.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=un_maKAlggw

Agree with Michigander that 3-12 Prime would be a good one. I just bought a Prime 3-9 with the illuminated dot. I wanted something light for my soon to arrive FX Compact Lite Tact, or whatever they call it. Well since these 3-9 are parallax free at 100 yards ( no SF or AO) , I just moved my Objective lens forward until I have no parallax at 30+ yard and not enough to make much difference at 20-50. Will adjust more if needed, but think it is about perfect now. The 3-9 Prime has exc glass and the dot is great & only 16 oz. I use cheaters made by Bulzeye, due to diminishing eyesight. So with that, It boost the power from 3-9 to about 5-12, that is just a guess. Make the crosshairs very visible to aging eyes. I would of bought that 3-12, but could not find it with the illuminated dot., which is a must for me now. 

1573426469_14219890185dc89525e98790.86338142_20191110_173145_resized.jpg
1573426470_11098615425dc89526187b76.08299044_20191110_173402_resized.jpg

Like at what price point and what use.I just got a good popular side parallax scope;Problems is this,the side parallax is so close to my fingers when loading the magazine I have to be very cautious or will scarp my thumb...I could higher rings,butt I did not want to so put that scope on a different rifle.....what I am saying is make sure the side parallax does not get in your way....scope was a Discovery BTW.