• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Recommend me pistol options for a vintage collection

I have a Rocket 262 just like the photo above. Uses 8 gram cartridges and has two hammer positions for low and high velocities. A neat pistol and powerful on high. I believe the two settings on the hammer is the difference between 252 and 262.

I have several air pistols but the 262 is one of my favorites. Of what I own the Rocket, Diana 6M and Benjamin 132 pistols are my favorite.

Reactions: maxtrouble
The OEM barrel version of this LP53K..

58F05E5F-2732-4089-B2FE-10102626105B.jpeg

Great thread! Hard to beat your collection ,CT but if interesting and rare catch your attention how about a pair of Crosman 451 Military .45 autos. Single action .22 with functioning slide and realistic light recoil. Only made for less than 2 years in ‘69&’70. They are true 6 shot autos with very nice triggers and good accuracy. The magazine is a marvel in itself . It revolves in the plane of the barrel,90 degrees from the usual position. The pellets load skirt first through the side of the upper action. These things are a blast to shoot. If I had to fault them I will admit they are
major CO2 hogs,getting only 3 mags per 12 gram cartridge.
12C9154F-724D-40FA-9ACA-0B7F19D2B3BE.jpeg

I have the Walther LP 53 and the Predom Lucznik. They are very similar pistols. The fit/finish on the Predom is more like what one would find on a farm implement, though. Which makes it all the more fun to shoot as you are not worried about damaging a collectors item. Photo- LP 53 left, LP2 right. The Predom is on loan to my son, right now.

45978F2D-56E5-42C2-AF11-4DF622E7A0A4.jpeg

Last edited:
I decided it was important to add some Webley and Scott pistols to the collection. The newer ones with the silk screening and not made in England didn't do it for me. Came across some very early Mark 1s from the early to mid 1920s. Top is a Mark 1 Series Four and the bottom one is a Mark 1 Series Two with a very low 2257 serial number. Both still shoot amazingly well for their age and function perfectly. Unfortunate on the homemade wood grip on the older one so I may go on the hunt in 2023 for some original screws grips.

Webley Scott Mark 1 - 1.jpeg

There’s a Rocket I am looking at now listed as a Benjamin 262. Is that right? How does that differ from the 252 Ron mentions above?
The Rocket 262 has a high and low power setting. It has plastic grips where the 252 has wood. The 252 is more compact at 8" long compared to 9.5" for the Rocket 262. There are probably other differences I am not aware of.