• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Recommend a HW35E for?

• Thread starter Deleted member 49222
  • Start date
Forget the 35 …Despite being my preferred hunting rifle, its a full on mans rifle and too heavy for some of them. Remember, you need to factor in a scope and mounts when making your choice which all adds up.
The 30 is a much better choice as stated above, but another idea is going for a Black composite stock version of a mid range rifle…50, Diana 34 etc.
You can subtract a good 1/2LB for a compo stock compared to wood, but then allowing her full power benefits.
The 30 is super accurate but starts to fall over if long range shooting in windy conditions, being 150 fps down on an average running 34, or 50 (typically running 800 fps to 850 fps..and have flatter trajectory, but depends how serious you want to get with it.
Steveoo what are you hunting with your 35e? Is it a 22 cal or 177?

Having had other HW's, I'm not impressed with the HW30s received today. IMHO, feels and assembled like a low tier rifle in the HW lineup to ME. I'm in remorse and unfortunately she bought it with her money. Biting my tongue. 😢
Can you be more specific? I have 2 30's and always thought they were high quality, curious what you are seeing to make that comment.

Reactions: Frogy