• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

recommend a compact FFP scope with better than average glass

I had a Vector Veyron that would be quite nice for a Notos. QC isn't the best but I got a good one and think it would be a great fit. The glass clarity wasn't anything special, but the brightness was above average for sure. To be honest, I think you need to be hitting $400+ before finding anything with above average glass. My Athlon Argos BTR was good glass, but not anything overly special for the money and Athlon is regarded as one of the best bangs for the buck.

Last edited:
on the hunt for a compact FFP to give to my notos.

so far ive found the discovery and westhunters,

any other decent options?

budget? preferably under $400
@starlingassn
I’ve got a few Vector Veyrons 3-12x44 FFP and 4-14x44 FFP IR. They work well for close to medium range work. The 4-16x is longer and heavier than the compact 3-12x, but if you need an IR it is an option. Honestly I suggest looking elsewhere to another manufacturer for an IR scope. A problem with the Veyron with IR is the price is too high IMO. If you don’t need an IR the 3-12x44 Vector Veyron is a very affordable and dependable little scope in my experience. You should be able to find a new non-IR Vector Veyron for $200-$230 msrp. On sale one can be had for under $200. Please keep in mind that I don’t dial turrets so I can’t speak for the quality and repeatability of their turrets beyond sighting in my scopes and making occasional minor adjustments as weather conditions change.

Last edited:
Just received my third Vector Veyron (6-24x44 FFP, Non-IR) from Optics Warehouse (UK) for $261 to-my-door. Quality workmanship, bright, clear glass in a lightweight, compact design, makes this a no-brainer. Tried my first, a $120 VV 3-12x44 FFP, on a MK3 Wildcat, replacing the long, blurry-edged glass WestHunter, felt like a totally different gun. I use a WestHunter mount (pictured), since the eye relief with the compact size can be tricky, at least, on my AGT guns. Shooting dime-size circles @ 50 yards is hard for tired eyes with the 3-12x44, I'm only using 6-24x44 now. I'd replace all my scopes with Vector Veyron, just don't want a full drawer of unused scopes. WM
IMG_20221127_211212.jpg

Reactions: UCChris
I have a West Hunter WHT 3-12x44 SF IR FFP on my Atomic XR. It’s not a target scope, but the pests I’ve taken out to 55 yards don’t seem to care. Mine has been excellent and the length is just right. A picture of the specifications card and on my Atomic.

View attachment 331115

View attachment 331116
I concur with this one. Westhunter 3-12x44 FFP. Light weight, excellent glass. 150 bucks with decent rings. You'll never be happier at the price point and performance.

Cheers,

K9

Did you check Amazon? I got all mine off amazon, and the prices were the best. They also had the IR model 4-16 which I currently have on my dreamtac.

i did,prices were higher there than most places.

optics planet has about the best price
but also a 4-6 week wait,
maybe i can wait that long lol
or not lol