• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Recognize to Western Airguns

I need to recognize Western Airguns for:

Identify the advantage of the new system;

Identify the weakness in existing alternatives with new system;

Invite makers of pieces to the new project that would achieve the searched perfection; and

Had the availability of putting all pieces together to make the superb accuracy and functionality possible and available in the market.

BRILLIANT WORK OF MANY PEOPLE at diverse stages that has to be recognized by us, the final users.

Last edited:
Reactions: bcwilly
I need to recognize Western Airguns for:

Identify the advantage of the new system;

Identify the weakness it existing alternatives with new system;

Invite makers of pieces to the new project that would achieve the searched perfection; and

Had the availability of putting all pieces together to make the superb accuracy and functionality possible and available in the market.

BRILLIANT WORK OF MANY PEOPLE at diverse stages that has to be recognized by us, the final users.
Amen

I only have a request for Western Airguns:

Make a semi auto only rifle with the trigger as good as the ones on the Daystate or FX or if possible, an electronic one.

I like the trigger of my Sidewinder .25 better than the one of the .30.... But a super trigger on a semi auto only Sidewinder would make that Sidewinder the best possible pinnacle on air rifles.

Last edited:
I only have a request for Western Airguns:

Make a semi auto only rifle with the trigger as good as the ones on the Daystate or FX or if possible, an electronic one.

I like the trigger of my Sidewinder .25 better than the one of the .30.... But a super trigger on a semi auto only Sidewinder would make that Sidewinder the best possible pinnacle on air rifles.
So basically a huben with a removable magazine. 😁

So basically a huben with a removable magazine. 😁
@Emu I was thinking that a hamerless system has been used in Hubens for years. More recently LCS had a very similarly designed rifle to my understanding. Brococks use a slingshot hammer system on some guns (and probably Daystate since they own Brocock), I’m unsure if this constitutes an iteration of an airgun action that was headed toward a hammerless system. Either way a hammerless semi-auto and automatic airgun is not a Western Airguns innovation unless they’ve been sitting on it for years and Huben and other manufacturers stole, borrowed, or bought the concept from them. At least this my understanding. That doesn’t mean they aren’t producing good guns or that you shouldn’t be impressed by their performance, but let’s give credit where credits is due.

Reactions: Jibreal007
@Emu I was thinking that a hamerless system has been used in Hubens for years. More recently LCS had a very similarly designed rifle to my understanding. Brococks use a slingshot hammer system on some guns (and probably Daystate since they own Brocock), I’m unsure if this constitutes an iteration of an airgun action that was headed toward a hammerless system. Either way a hammerless semi-auto and automatic airgun is not a Western Airguns innovation unless they’ve been sitting on it for years and Huben and other manufacturers stole, borrowed, or bought the concept from them. At least this my understanding. That doesn’t mean they aren’t producing good guns or that you shouldn’t be impressed by their performance, but let’s give credit where credits is due.
I am of the idea that Huben is the one that discovered the hammerless system.

That is why I used the words " identify the advantages of the new system".

There is a video on YouTube from Matt Dubber from five years ago giving his diagnosis of this new system:

I waited for the sidewinder to get to the market to buy my first rifle with this new system. I knew they would correct errors of the first Hubens and the LCS, that was the first copy of the idea of the Hubens.

Last edited:
The second stage is to long. It would me a better idea to have a trigger with a predictable and lighter second stage.

If really you are the inventor of these rifles, CONGRATULATIONS !!!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

The quality of my sidewinders is first class. They are reliable and accurate. It would be very difficult to get matched by other rifles just with a better trigger. This one is not bad, but of course could be better.

In my opinion there is no need for the full auto, semi auto is perfect for plinking, target shooting and hunting.

Owner manual specifically says they the trigger IS NOT adjustable:

FF5DA4C2-D7B4-43A1-AFF4-320104CCCF36.png

Good afternoon. I have 2 questions. (1)Would it be possible to make a .457 semi auto with a 700cc tank using the same system as the Western Rattler? (2) Would it be possible to put a 700cc tank on the Rattler? I'm just curious. It's my plan to purchase a Rattler before years end and I want to manage my expectations. By all accounts this is an excellent platform. Thank you.