Recently inherited WALTHER LG-55 DST .... what a little gem !

I vote to shoot it. It may not have the power you wish it had, but just the joy of hearing and feeling it fire. I bought one about 3 years ago. It's got the double set triggers as well as the Walnut Tyrolean stock, and was made in 1962. It's in great condition and is a joy to shoot. I haven't been able to find a picture of the rear sight cover and mine came without one. A friend of mine, who does specialty metal work, fabrication and hot blued one for it and it looks great - but I wonder how it looks compared to a genuine cover plate. Congrats on the "new" gun. I would keep it, and in good shooting condition even if I wasn't going to shoot it. It's always satisfying to look and handle something of superb quality. Mine is the most beautiful gun I own.
55 Front Sight Cover.jpg

20230904_165945.jpg

Was there ever even a factory made rear sight cover for Walthers? The breech block holes can be covered with a rear sight from a Walther LP53.
Also, I have a question: Were the double set triggers a factory option, or a modification to the guns by the local gunsmith? They seem to be very rare on Weihrauch, Walther, etc. airguns?
L1009594.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a question: Were the double set triggers a factory option, or a modification to the guns by the local gunsmith? They seem to be very rare on Weihrauch, Walther, etc. airguns?

DST's were separate units actually manufactured for firearms, adapted to airguns at the factory. Probably some were privately done, too, but the DST was a regular Walther and Weihrauch catalog options for years. A DST is typically a self-contained module, not directly connected to the action, with a "flying" hammer on top that strikes a modified sear protruding below the receiver. Beautifully made, too, with milled trigger guard and color case-hardened blades.

There were at least two different types of Walther DST's. That in the older LG 53 was different from the LG 55. I've never been able to examine the one used in the later LGV.

The HW 55 DST seems much harder to find (perhaps because the Walthers were generally more successful match guns). Again at least two different kinds, the very early 55's with short threaded rear section used a different DST than the later guns with longer rear section.

Last edited:
Reactions: mj102