• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Recently inherited WALTHER LG-55 DST .... what a little gem !

Not sure at this juncture what I'm going to do with it ? ... really no desire to have it stay a safe queen stuck in the back corner for another lifetime. But for now it will get protected.

Any Who ... it dates too @ 1963 and all original. Finish on action, stock unmolested. original Walther sites too !!

Just sharing a very nice match rifle from a bygone era .... This is NOT a F/S thread and not asking value etc .... Just a share of a little piece of AG history.

Scott S

1.1652060435.jpg
Resized_Resized_20220508_152925001.1652060460.jpeg
thumbnail.1652060471.jpg

Double set triggers .... Used in older powder guns as well match guns from years past.

*one blade is primary and it will discharge gun with modest pull effort ... BUT WHEN the other blade is pulled first the primary blade is set to be literally a hair trigger and any motion & very light on primary blade fires the gun.

Just google "Double Set Triggers"

Reactions: MDriskill
Not sure at this juncture what I'm going to do with it ? ... really no desire to have it stay a safe queen stuck in the back corner for another lifetime. But for now it will get protected.

Any Who ... it dates too @ 1963 and all original. Finish on action, stock unmolested. original Walther sites too !!

Just sharing a very nice match rifle from a bygone era .... This is NOT a F/S thread and not asking value etc .... Just a share of a little piece of AG history.

Scott S

View attachment 210033 View attachment 210041 View attachment 210054
SWEET GUN , i would shoot it .

I consider vintage Walthers to be the epitome of Old World German quality and aesthetics, and the Mod 55s among the epitome of vintage airgun exotica. I've owned a couple single-trigger 55s including a mint Tyrolean, but the (very rare in the U.S.) DST versions are off the chart!:oops:

Congratulations on that incredible time capsule, Scott. It couldn't have gone to a more deserving heir, Buddy! ENJOY!

Scott S

View attachment 210033 View attachment 210041 View attachment 210054
If only they made rifles like this today. The simple classic lines of the stock ...when will they learn to start getting it right again?.... akin to a Rimfire rook rifle.....not an ugly scallop out section to be seen, and so much better for it...
Bull barrel puts the weight right where you want it...

Reactions: Toxylon