Received the Yong Heng Compressor today

Woodyt, it has its pro's and con's. But as far as having a cheap hpa compressor, that fills your guns and tanks, I'd say its tough to beat. I debated to myself for quite a while between the Yong heng and a more portable air cooled compressor (like the hatsan spark) in this price range. In the end, I decided being able to fill hpa tanks was worth more to me then having something more portable. I'd rather take a hpa tank with me during shoots for refills then having to plug in a compressor somewhere to recharge the guns. Overall, I'm pleased with the purchase. I feel as long as I take care of it and don't push its limitations, i should get my moneys worth out of it.

Yes, I think the Yong Heng is a good compressor but it needs good oil (I use Nuvair 751) and an aftermarket air dryer. The little cotton filter it comes with is a good pre-filter I think to catch the oil in the air and some of the water but it won't get all the water generated in filling a SCBA tank. I also added a higher capacity water pump.

The drawback is the need for a 5 gallon bucket of water for cooling and the need for some extras for it to work well longer term. But still, for the price, I don't think you can beat it. l cannot think of another compressor for anywhere near this price that can fill a 45 minute SCBA tank. Or fill an airgun in less than a minute. It is cheap as high pressure compressors go but works fine.

This was my 2nd oil change, at about 1 hour run time on the purple stuff. I wiped it down well and changed to 751 dive compressor oil. It will be interesting to me to see the oil condition on the next change. I assume the blackish debris is ring material, or carbon from detonation, had a odd smell, almost like cordite. 
Scott
BA026AD6-DBBE-4AD8-9EEF-1C24EF55FA4D.1621706699.jpeg

I'd say you have been very lucky then. My first burst disc lasted over a year, almost two, then the spares that came with my compressor would pop if I went beyond 4300. I ordered a bunch of new ones, and prayed that my last one wouldn't blow before my replacements arrived. Still have all my replacements and am still running on the last of my originals. With covid it took nearly four months for my order to arrive through Amazon, didn't realize they were coming from China.

Had read multiple posts by people saying they just doubled them up, I'm not willing to do that, defeats the purpose of having it then. Have also read where people have made new ones out of slightly heavier brass sheeting to prevent them from blowing, but then how do you know what pressure they will blow at? Also, 30 Mpa or 300 bar is just over 4300 psi, not 4500.

Not sure of your point about 300 bar. I top off my Great White using the gauge on the tank as the pressure indication, and I have regularly filled it to 4400 (to store) or 4500 (while shooting) with the Yong Heng WITHOUT burst disc failures or compressor failure. If that pressure isn't needed by some, then stopping at some arbitrarily lower point WOULD result in less stress on the compressor. But it would probably also necessitate running the compressor more often. All relative. I fill 3600 psi bottles regularly so 3500 is useless and 4000 produces limited and slow fills. 4500 has worked great for my Yong Heng for a long time.

I suppose anything is possible, but would require me to have three bad gauges that are all in agreement. The statement earlier about the compressor being a 300 bar compressor as stated by the manufacturer, is that 300 bar is just over 4300 psi, not 4500. Their ad is misleading as it says 300 bar, then they say 4500 psi. IF 4500 is working for many of you, glad to hear it, I just know on mine it blows the burst disc if I go that high, have had others report the same. I'm not trying to pick a fight, just don't want to see others having problems and become aggravated with their compressor.

I suppose anything is possible, but would require me to have three bad gauges that are all in agreement. The statement earlier about the compressor being a 300 bar compressor as stated by the manufacturer, is that 300 bar is just over 4300 psi, not 4500. Their ad is misleading as it says 300 bar, then they say 4500 psi. IF 4500 is working for many of you, glad to hear it, I just know on mine it blows the burst disc if I go that high, have had others report the same. I'm not trying to pick a fight, just don't want to see others having problems and become aggravated with their compressor.

Nothing wrong with presenting the info. But as you note ("have had others report the same"), "others" have also reported filing higher with no problems. It's easy enough to try, and if it results in a blown burst disc then certainly avoid doing it.