Received the Yong Heng Compressor today

I fired it up a couple weeks ago without the bleeder screws in it and let it run for 20-30 mins. I put the husky synthetic oil from home depot in it. I will say that while filling it, the level went up fairly slowly in the middle of the red dot on the sight glass. Manual says to fill to top of red dot. It shot up fast with just a couple tablespoons of oil and blew right past the top of the red dot, to almost the top of sight glass. Its probably considered overfilled now, but i plan on changing oil in it soon anyways, so didnt drain any out. As far as how it ran (not under load), i didnt notice any heavy draw on the breaker, like some have said during initial break in. It fired right up and sounded like i would expect it to sound. Maybe a little higher rpm then your typical shop air compressor? But not by much. I was using a 5 gallon bucket of tap water. It got up to the 40s celsius range pretty quick, but took 15-20 mins for it to top out at 50 celsius. Again not under a load. This was done in the garage at about 80f ambient.

Usps tracking shows that both of the fill probe adapters should be here tomorrow. 1st one got held up in LA for over a week but finally showed an update last friday. I hope to be able to fill the flashpup and airmax tomorrow to test the compressor under a load. So far, i dont see the compressor having any issues. I dont have any hpa tanks yet to also test on it, but if i get one, i will let yall know how it does. And if i can fill the guns tomorrow, i will report back how it did in that as well.

For now, i dont have anything other then the in line moisture filter that came with the compressor. But it came with 5-6 spare filters i can change out as needed. So hopefully it gets me by without doing any damage to the new guns by letting moisture in.

I was finally able to get an adaptor and fill up the flashpup today with the yong heng. I hooked everything up and turned on the compressor. Guns reservoir filled up to around 175 bar in 30 seconds, but stalled at that. I let it run for 10 minutes or so thinking that the last 25 bar to hit 200 was just harder to reach. Temp stayed between 50-52 Celsius. I began to suspect something was wrong so opened the bleed valve to release the pressure in hose, while it was running. But the guns reservoir also dropped. Tried opening and closing bleeder a few time but same result. Eventually turned compressor off. Once i did that, i realized my problem. The guns gauge was leaking air. I pulled air line off and noticed water droplets around probe port. Relieved the guns pressure in the tank and water droplets came out of the relief screw port. I guess the small inline filter on the compressor is not meant to run for 15 mins or so without filter becoming saturated in a humid environment. So now i have water in my flashpup. Any ideas?

I removed gauge on flashpup and added teflon tape to threads and reinstalled. Unscrewed the bleed screw on gun and noticed a metal shaving was pushed against the o-ring. Removed that and tighten screw. Replace the inline filter on air line and connected airline to gun again. Fired up the compressor and it filled the gun in 45 seconds from 0 pressure to 200 bar. Compressor did its job fast and i was pleased. But ran out of time and didnt get to the hatsan airmax. Hopefully tomorrow.

Do as you please, but when I first got my YH 3 years ago I started out using the Husky full synthetic oil, after a broken second-stage piston, and signs of carbon from detonation, I quit using it and went to a better oil. As I was new to the unit at that time, I didn't recognize that the crackling sound the unit would make was actually detonation occurring. Since changing oil types and repairing the piston I no longer get that crackling sound. Just for the record, the unit's temp was never allowed to exceed 60c. It is now three years old.
IMG_1109 piston.1620433017.JPG
IMG_1109 piston 2.1620433059.png

Decided to go ahead and do the 1st oil change today. Best guess, I've ran it so far for about 40-45 mins. Fills ups are pretty quick directly to guns. Oil had lost all transparency. The husky oil is clear to start.
IMG_20210509_183943.1620607126.jpg

I did find something weird on the plug. It was some sort of silicone or caulk looking stuff. Doesn't seem normal to me for that to be on the end of the plug.
IMG_20210509_183124.1620607215.jpg

FMC, not quite sure what you're asking. The unit I received from the 1st post link was the hardcover version. The "correct" version would be more of what are you looking for in a compressor?

Edit: I did notice that the 1st pic shows the red light by the temp gauge. I believe that is a pic of the set pressure version. The rest of the pics do not show the red light. The listing is for the hardcover version

Decided to go ahead and do the 1st oil change today. Best guess, I've ran it so far for about 40-45 mins. Fills ups are pretty quick directly to guns. Oil had lost all transparency. The husky oil is clear to start.
IMG_20210509_183943.1620607126.jpg

I did find something weird on the plug. It was some sort of silicone or caulk looking stuff. Doesn't seem normal to me for that to be on the end of the plug.
IMG_20210509_183124.1620607215.jpg

I'd bet that "stuff" is aluminum particles mixed into a sludge in the oil. Could certainly be otherwise but this seems to be a common appearance in small engines, especially as they "break in". THAT is why I always do a first oil change after initial run in and then change oil frequently. Save some money by stretching the oil changes? Not for me with a high wear situation like these small compressors.

I had the same greyish looking caulk around my oil drain plug as well. Cleaned it up and it resealed without a problem.

I took my new YH up to around 200 bar on occasion just pulse filling (to keep the 2nd filter in good pressure range) a 30 minute SCBA up to about 100 bar for a pressure and mini stress test with cheap oil just to clean out the gunk at higher temps. Filtertech oil coming in tomorrow for a real first-time run to about 4k psi bottle fill. I'm comfortable filling it to that pressure and keep the stress off the pump and just refill slightly more frequently. Many seem to think the YH stresses a bit past 4k so why bother going further and just extend the pump life by staying in the sweeet spot. In addtion the 30 minute (3L) size seems to refill in the time it takes for the YH to be due for a heat break (15-20 minutes), again for pump life management. 

Of course, I don't shoot as much as some here as I'm mainly a pester.