• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Received My Veteran Short .25 Today.

I haven't done much with it yet but the fit and finish is excellent. Tried the trigger a few times I don't think other's explanation of it being second to none is hype. I wasn't too sure about the size but I love it. Waiting for it's scope but will, if it stops raining, shoot a magazine through it with no scope just to see what it's like. A crossbow hunter friend was here when I unboxed it. He loved the smooth cocking action and even liked the sometimes maligned location of the cocking lever.. The 5 shot group at 30 yards was tight and a 10 shot string only had a difference of 7FPS. Anyone know off hand what the regulator pressure is set at?

Checked with the dealer and he indicated they used to put a clear piece of plastic over the gauge that had a red dot on it. Can't remember why but he said that was to indicate something had been checked and consumers assumed it was reg pressure.. He did say they set it up to shoot mid 800s with 25 JSBs. That was more important to them than the actual reg pressure setting. I had heard from others that I should not shoot my Wildcat below the reg pressure as it would cause some kind of internal dammage. Mentioned this to the Veteran dealer and he advised shooting beyond the reg pressure because you could get quite a few more accurate shots if you did that. Said it won't dammage the Veteran.

I am waiting for my 10" scope and won't expect it for a week or so. So I mounted my ATN X sight on it. That scope is not light. What is amazing is it fits that gun really well and feels the lightest on the shorty than when mounted on my Wildcat or Sniper. I am still waiting for the dreamline bull pup with the carbon fiber bottle to be released. Then I think the Sniper will be seen in the classifieds. Plan to gamble a bit and get a MTC Sniper Pro to put on one of the remaining rifles. Still abit paranoid about the MTC as I read inititally it didn't tend to reset accurately to changing yardage settings. Maybe that's been improved??

Now if it will stop raining in the lovely Pacific Northwest I'll get to shoot the shorty. Thinking about closing off the mud room and shooting out the door at my targets.

Discovery 3x12. About $200 and included mounts and shipping. It's supposed to be a lower end scope that exceeds its value. They are on back order so it'll be a week or two before I see it. I couldn't find one of the mid priced scopes shorter than about 12" in length. That's half the total distance of the Shorty. Lot of folks have been putting the bug buster on the Shorty but I wanted, what I think but may be wrong, a scope just a bit better.