• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Received Fx barrel kit without moderator

Anyone else experience this?

I contacted the vendor via email, and he got right back to me... his response was "The kits they sent me did not include any moderator."

I think this is unacceptable at the price point, so i responded by asking if barrel kits have come with moderators in the past, and if so did he ever contact fx to see if it was in error...

Been well over 15 hours, and still no response...

Same thing happened to me, but fortunately, my dealer made good on it at his own expense. The moderator that is supposed to come with it is the standard FX empty can which is a piece of junk. It does do the job of silencing to a large degree, but has an adverse affect on accuracty. I replaced it with a Donny, then it was perfect. I agree that FX's price on barrel kits are way out of line.

What did their listing say? Does their product description list a moderator? Some places do list them as included and some don’t, actually seems like most don’t.

Doesnt matter what the description was...

If you go to the fx website, and look up schematics, and parts list of a caliber change barrel kit it includes the moderator, and fx ships them to their distributors with moderators so if you get a barrel kit without the moderator you are not receiving what you paid for...

What did their listing say? Does their product description list a moderator? Some places do list them as included and some don’t, actually seems like most don’t.

Doesnt matter what the description was...

If you go to the fx website, and look up schematics, and parts list of a caliber change barrel kit it includes the moderator, and fx ships them to their distributors with moderators so if you get a barrel kit without the moderator you are not receiving what you paid for...

The drawings I find on the FX site show a shroud, but no moderator. But, I have seen the actual kits listed with and without moderators, can't remember the price difference, maybe $100. The kits on the SPAW site specifically include moderator, $429.