Reccomendations and considerations for first high quality air rifle

Compressor wise, I would suggest the GX CS2 Portable PCP Air Compressor. No hoses and water messes. This one is portable, you can fill anything from your car battery, air cooled, easier to carry, not limited.

This is the route I took and surprised the GX is not commonly recommended. 

Yes, it's simple and easily portable and mine gets used every day. I did however install the water separator on the hose and change the media often. 

Were not talking about tanks. If someone dont have a paintball or dive shop, what are you going to need to fill it? Without a compressor, the tank is useless. Which would you recommend buying first? compressor or tank? Try and keep up.

"We're not talking about tanks". Brilliant. "If someone dont have". Did you bother to ask? OP wasn't talking about compressors either, mephisto. For someone new to the sport I'd certainly recommend a tank, if starting with a PCP, over any of the compressors in the class you mention. That is exactly what I started with. Options to fill such a tank would possibly include a DIVE SHOP, a FIRE DEPARTMENT, and a PAINTBALL OPERATION. A known reliable compressor could be added later. In a relatively rural state, I had ALL THREE of the above mentioned fill options nearby. Comprende?

Ya'll need to lighten up a little and have respect for fellow members. 

Some of us, myself included live in very rural area where even a Walmart is quite the drive so the examples given above may be non existent. A compressor may be a more viable solution for topping off guns. 

I'm an old fellow and prefer not to spend my morning running around looking for a dive shop in the middle of the Appalachian mountains. Lol

Ya'll need to lighten up a little and have respect for fellow members. 

Some of us, myself included live in very rural area where even a Walmart is quite the drive so the examples given above may be non existent. A compressor may be a more viable solution for topping off guns. 

I'm an old fellow and prefer not to spend my morning running around looking for a dive shop in the middle of the Appalachian mountains. Lol

No one (including myself) bothered to ask the OP WHERE HE LIVED before making suggestions. As I noted above, I don't live in a particularly urban area and I had all three types of options for filling a tank available. If the OP has just ONE of those options, then a tank is a viable option, especially to a small compressor. Many don't live in such areas and in that case, your choice is apparently the best for you. I hope your compressor lasts as long as my Yong Heng has lasted for me. But I can pretty much guarantee the tank will outlast both of them. And even if my YH fails tomorrow and my Coltri fails the next day, I still will have a way to fill my tank.