Recap of the three coyotes I have shot with my FX

Max115

Jul 15, 2018
BC, Canada
Finally put together this short video of the three coyotes that I shot over the past two years with my FX air guns.

The first one was at 70 yards with my FX Crown .22 shooting the AA 18.1gr pellet at 32 ft.lb.

The second one was also at 70 yards, same farm, with my FX Impact MK2 shooting the H&N 23gr at 45 ft.lb.

The third one was at a different farm and this one was a young juvenile that wasn't healthy. It was tagged in the forehead at 67 yards with my Impact as well.

I received the first coyote pelt and skull from the owner who happens to be a taxidermist. How cool is that!

Hope you guys will enjoy this. The key to my success was the right placement shot to the temple, and forehead.

Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUuTWjHTE-k

@yougbuck. Yes I wasn't sure with coyote#1 at 70 yards but I got lucky and dropped him with a temple shot with my FX Crown .22 and 18.1gr pellet. So I knew it can be done so I had no doubt with coyote #2 & 3 as I shooting with the slug at a much higher ft.lb energy. I wouldn't recommend anyone to try but I trusted my gear and my shooting ability at those range.

@davidsng. thank you, I got lucky three times, lol.

@sasquatch. Indeed. They would snatch any dogs, cats or baby calves at any chance they get. So I was pretty happy to have helped out the farmers at these two locations.

Loved the vid, especially seeing the skulls. I especially like European mounts like those skulls. Great shooting. Shows the capabilities of well tuned, and sighted in air rifle. Until I recently gotten involved with PCPs because of Covid, hanging at the house, powder/bullet shortages, I really didn’t realize their effectiveness. Never bothered because of no air source, but I have figured it out. Really enjoying it and puts my mind into a happy space shooting air, which i grew doing all the time. +1!