Reattaching suppressor and POI change

ELH, I agree with everything you say about PBs vs. airguns except for a subsonic 22 rimfire being as quiet as a suppressed air rifle.

Thanks Tom, and I apologize for my ambiguity. Since I plan on hunting with the Bantam without suppressor, I was comparing the .22 rimfire sub-sonic report with that of the unsuppressed air rifle. The Bantam with shroud and no suppressor is slightly quieter than than the sub-sonic rimfire If you remove the shroud, I think the difference in noise level is negligible. But to clarify, I am not planning on using the Bantam without the shroud. I don't mind omitting the silencer, but if removing the shroud also is required to gain minimum reliability, then I'm done with air rifles in the woods, too many good rimfire rifles with no such headaches.

Edward (ELH),

While I do know my way around the innards of PB's, I have so far resisted the urge to stick my nose in the guts of a PCP. And after reading your post about all the little o-rings, doo-dads, and left-handed gawdamnits that are contained within, I may never open one up!

What is amazing, given all that busyness going on, is how well they shoot despite it. If you think about all these parts in the context of tolerance stack, that we get the accuracy we do, and they are not constantly breaking down, is a small miracle. I just opened the safe and told my Cricket how much I love and appreciate it.

One of these days, though, in yet another bout of poor decision making, I will open one up to see if I can improve things a bit. Prolly never get it back together.

So you were into benchrest and live varmint rifles? You have a pile of rimfires? And you like Kentucky bourbon? We might be related somehow...

Like you, I have a bunch of 22 RF's, most of which would make your sticker peck out. Beautiful guns. And I have taken them out squirrel hunting exactly ZERO times since I bought my .25 caliber Cricket. I can tell you a 34 grain JSB hits harder, and kills squirrels dead-er than any 22 RF I've ever shot.

I hope you get that Brocock figger'd out and give the critters hell with it.

Justin