Reasonable expectations?

I wanted to ask an opinion. I made a online order about week ago. I had never received any tracking information in my email. So I call up today and ask if I may have missed the tracking email. I was told they do send an email when the order was shipped but maybe the scope was not in stock when ordered. I reply that it showed available when I made the order. Anyway I was informed that it was not in stock when the order was placed. However my card was charged when the order was placed. They said I would get an email when the order ships. I was a little put off by this order experience. I then wondered have I become so accustom to the amazon type quick process that I am thinking unreasonably? I am glad I am not waiting to shoot a new gun thou.

Amazon has gone wacko the last week. All my orders are getting charged twice - right when I place the order, then again when they ship. I have to call/chat on every single order to get it straightened out and then it happens again. So don't be too hard on this vendor. I think the world has gone wacko overnight.
Ross, sorry, that's a bummer! But, I do know amazon will take care of the issue...still a time consuming endeavor.

If I order something online, I have an expectation that it’s going to ship promptly, and they have it in stock. Otherwise they shouldn’t take my order. And they certainly should not charge my credit card.

Unless they are absolutely the only game in town. I would be demanding a credit and ordering it from someone else. Just my two cents.

That harkens back to when the Internet first started, and people would sell out and no one would know it. It’s a different world now. Or it should be.

Mike

Reactions: cwcarrera
Amazon has gone wacko the last week. All my orders are getting charged twice - right when I place the order, then again when they ship. I have to call/chat on every single order to get it straightened out and then it happens again. So don't be too hard on this vendor. I think the world has gone wacko overnight.
I had the same experience in the last few days. I guess the 18k workers they just fired were more critical then they thought…

-Marty

Reactions: rsfrid