• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Rear Sight

Folks I don;t think of myself a dumb but I freely admit I ain't seen everything.
So I bought a Shridan rifle and it did not have a back sight. I found one on Ebay and it came today. It seems to be a clip on kinda thing but it has two trianglar wedges wild groves cut into them. It is too loose without the wedges and I can't make it fit with the wedges.
If some one can offer some advice I would be mst thankful. My shiny new .20 caliber pellets came todaty too.
Thanks

I think you have to tap it on with a mallet while holding the wedges in place. It's best to put the sight in a vise and gently open it up until it will just grasp the wedges. That type of mounting tends to eventually separate the barrel from the pump tube. If you can swing a peep-sight for it they're the way to go.

Congrats on getting it back.

J~

I have shot the rifle now and have my elevation set for 4 pumps at 20 yards. I am qutet pleased so far.But there is alwas a But.
How does on adjust windage. There is a screw on both sides of the sight but it dont move anything.
I am shooting to the left pretty bad.
I did however shoot 3 shots in less than an inch at 35 yards. I did it with fuzzy sights.
I feel like I could take a rat at this rangr if I can get my windage set.

Looks as if you've got an accurate one on your hands.

If it's shooting to the left, you need to loosen the screw on the left side of the sight and then tighten the screw on the right side that same amount. Those screws pull the sight blade left and right within the sight-base. Just make sure you snug both of them up once you're finished sighting it in. Because they'll fall out while you're pumping it if you don't.

J~

Treefrog,, thanks for you help. I have her dailed in pretty good. Today I was shooting small toys at 35 yards.
I really enjoy shooting it but the pumping gets ruff after not too many shots. What's funny about this Is I converted a 1322 to a carbine and I don't like it at all. I am going to give it another try.
I do have one more question. Have you had any problems with th rear sight sapertaing the barrel and the air tube. ? I want to keep stock but not if it is going to destroy the gun
l

Bob,

That's great to hear! You're more than welcome. These guns really are a kick in the britches. Four pumps per shot is plenty for what you're doing. I'm 63 and it gets old for me rather quickly too.

I used to hang out at a shop that repaired Sheridans and I saw a few with separation problems there. Mostly they were from the scope-mount that Sheridan used to sell for their rifles. It really stresses the barrel/tube joint. Since you've opened the sight up some, I wouldn't woryy too much about it. Shoot the thing and enjoy it. Dollar Tree probably has toy soldiers for sale.... ;)

Best,

Jeff