• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Rear peep sights

So this is the results of shooting my RX2 at 25yrs, shooting jsb 13gr while sitting on a old tin wash tub bucket thing, resting my support arms elbow on my knee.

The numbers on the left represents the amount of fingers, width wise, away from the trigger guard. For example, 4F is like when using your left hand, the fingers are perpendicular to the stock so therefore it's 4 fingers away from the guard.

And at the top of each row, they are the different options, four of them that are offered by the factory rear sights.
View attachment 291206
Maybe drop back to 10m and draw a cross . Work on your hold(sholdering) you hold (sights on aim point) and trigger pull with follow through.

With mine you can see long range and 10m is pretty close to same then at 10 its easy to make any adjustments then if you can drill the center at 10m move out 10 to 20. I do this " windage check" most time before i shoot or if i do my screw check and had to adjust one .. if you get proficient at 10m the rest goes easier. 10m is a good starting point to eork out all your bugs and all.

Supposed to be 1 click is 1/10mm at 10m.. fyi

windagecheck.jpg

Went back and still had to go one more click left.. if there was a prize for just off to the right id win everytime . 10m 5 just right then 5- 1 click left.

Attachments

• 10m 1mo'click.jpg
    10m 1mo'click.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Reactions: josh3rd
Maybe drop back to 10m and draw a cross . Work on your hold(sholdering) you hold (sights on aim point) and trigger pull with follow through.

With mine you can see long range and 10m is pretty close to same then at 10 its easy to make any adjustments then if you can drill the center at 10m move out 10 to 20. I do this " windage check" most time before i shoot or if i do my screw check and had to adjust one .. if you get proficient at 10m the rest goes easier. 10m is a good starting point to eork out all your bugs and all.

Supposed to be 1 click is 1/10mm at 10m.. fyi

View attachment 291372
Went back and still had to go one more click left.. if there was a prize for just off to the right id win everytime . 10m 5 just right then 5- 1 click left.
All those shots were taking without the site being adjusted at 25 yards but I still would take what you said into consideration and apply it and I appreciate you responding thank you

All those shots were taking without the site being adjusted at 25 yards but I still would take what you said into consideration and apply it and I appreciate you responding thank you
No prob... Im no pro ,but if i can give a tip that could help i will. Opensight is just my thing.. not that i did all that great today..lol. Im blaming wind..😜 that pulling right thing today..lol

Anyway set up and post a group picture when you can...

No prob... Im no pro ,but if i can give a tip that could help i will. Opensight is just my thing.. not that i did all that great today..lol. Im blaming wind..😜 that pulling right thing today..lol

Anyway set up and post a group picture when you can...
I tried using a fist for support 8 and 10 fingers away from trigger guard and at first 10 then 25yds and the results were amazing. Will post picture after I get out the shower

Here's 15yds results from 2 different types of support holds. One is T+I (thumb and index finger), is where I place the forearm of the rifle between my thumb and index finger in that webbing.

2nd is using my fist and the forearm is resting kind of on the index and middle finger knuckles kind of.

Not bad at all without a peep sight but nonetheless you can see how springers do so different when it comes to different holds but one thing for certain two things for sure it seem it loves 8 and 10 fingers away from the trigger guard using my fist. The next picture I want to post probably today or tomorrow is going to be 4 6 8 10 and 12 fingers away from the trigger guard which is sitting on the palm of my hand while I'm sitting Indian style and just for the record every picture I posted so far has been me sitting Indian style or sitting on a metal tin wash bucket type thing and having my elbow on my knee and shooting that way.
IMG_20220922_170519492.jpg

Reactions: Hateful McNasty