Rear peep sights

most front peep sights have a tubular front site that you can change the size of the circular ring your sighting through .
Crossman sells a very inexpensive rear "peep sight" it works just fine and lets you see if Peep's are for you 11MM dovetail

Aperture Sights is the correct terminology
4.5 (19 reviews)

Daisy 5899 Peep Sight​

* Daisy peep sight * Windage & elevation adjustments * Fits models 499, 845, 977... 11MM dovetail
$24.95

Last edited:
Reactions: josh3rd
Williams FP-TK can be had for about $70. Theres a high and a low version. Not sure which one you need for the RX2, someone else here might. Whether you need to change the front sight depends on whether you’re able to zero in after adding the peep. Did your RX2 come stock with iron sights!
It did. But i only have the regular rectangle, sloped topped and the hollow circle front sight post. I wish that i had the lollipop post people been talking about.

But as of now i been using the sloped top post with the U shaped leaf of the rear sight leaf. It's one of the 4 options the rear gives you.

If your gun is the globe sight model from Weihrauch then you are set. If it’s the model without sights the problem is twofold. How to install a front sight and does the stock have enough drop on the comb for irons. If it has iron sights when new then Weihrauch/Anschutz diopter will work perfectly. Not a cheap choice but worth every penny. You can find them on places like eBay. Around $175. Make certain the Weihrauch diopter is the 11mm model. Early models were 13mm and will not work on your gun.

An aside - a peep sight does not generate a "need" for a different front sight. A gun's line-of-sight for a given distance is determined by its trajectory with a given pellet, and the height of the front sight above the bore. Any rear sight is just a device to help your eye "find" the LOS. (An old-timer's trick when mounting a peep is to align it with the open rear before it's removed, that gets you 90% of the way toward being dialed in.)

Now what front sight size or shape you prefer is a separate issue of course.

Most find the "high" version of the Williams sights - either the FP-AG or 5D-AG - is best for barrel cockers, but your mileage may vary. I have three old HW's with AG's sighted-in for 10 meter target shooting, and they are adjusted so low that the FP-GR or 5D-GR probably would have worked.

91521C3B-E94A-4180-A9E1-BC80E47ACFB0.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bear-of-Grayling
If your gun is the globe sight model from Weihrauch then you are set. If it’s the model without sights the problem is twofold. How to install a front sight and does the stock have enough drop on the comb for irons. If it has iron sights when new then Weihrauch/Anschutz diopter will work perfectly. Not a cheap choice but worth every penny. You can find them on places like eBay. Around $175. Make certain the Weihrauch diopter is the 11mm model. Early models were 13mm and will not work on your gun.
Mine came with the factory front globe sight post of a rectangle and a hollow circle as well as a tapered rectangle at the top. In the rear sight leaf if you want to call it that has the four options of pulling the site out and twisting it to different types of rear sight leafs

An aside - a peep sight does not generate a "need" for a different front sight. A gun's line-of-sight for a given distance is determined by its trajectory with a given pellet, and the height of the front sight above the bore. Any rear sight is just a device to help your eye "find" the LOS. (An old-timer's trick when mounting a peep is to align it with the open rear before it's removed, that gets you 90% of the way toward being dialed in.)

Most find the "high" version of the Williams sights - either the FP-AG or 5D-AG - is best for barrel cockers, but your mileage may vary. I have three old HW's with AG's sighted-in for 10 meter target shooting, and they are adjusted so low that the FP-GR or 5D-GR probably would have worked.

View attachment 290592
Can you explain the old timers trick in a little bit more detail please

Can you explain the old timers trick in a little bit more detail please

When you mount your rear peep sight, do so with the factory installed rear leaf or notch sight still on the rifle
Adjust your peep to coincide with the old sight picture before you remove the existing rear sight.
Go shoot your new peep sight set up and adjust for fine tuning.

You should be close, having pre aligned your sights.

Pretty interesting.. i looked and seems most had the stright modetator type ( field pro) barrel not drilled for sights.

Then the real few i found with standard barrel ( i guess its called). With the hw sights. Had a non insert globe. But the one here at P.A. Shows the insert type globe..

Most inserts get missing or lost cause guys chunk scopes on and toss sights aside .. but lucky rear and frint globe and / or replacement inserts are available.. ( seems getting the new globe with the insrrts is chraper overall then just a pack of inserts (?)
Ya, to me that lolly on bullseye target is hard to beat ...

View attachment 290592
This. Most people will put the peep sight far towards the rear, but not everyone. With the stock front I’m guessing it’s 3/4” to 1” high and the high FP-TK would work best. Also does away with stock clearance issues that affect some guns if you use the low version. If you decide to get the Williams I’d measure your post height and call them to see what they recommend.

Reactions: josh3rd
Pretty interesting.. i looked and seems most had the stright modetator type ( field pro) barrel not drilled for sights.

Then the real few i found with standard barrel ( i guess its called). With the hw sights. Had a non insert globe. But the one here at P.A. Shows the insert type globe..

Most inserts get missing or lost cause guys chunk scopes on and toss sights aside .. but lucky rear and frint globe and / or replacement inserts are available.. ( seems getting the new globe with the insrrts is chraper overall then just a pack of inserts (?)
Ya, to me that lolly on bullseye target is hard to beat ...
Mine is just like the one in the link. If i could find someone who has the lollipop post, i would trade my hollow circle post for it.

This. Most people will put the peep sight far towards the rear, but not everyone. With the stock front I’m guessing it’s 3/4” to 1” high and the high FP-TK would work best. Also does away with stock clearance issues that affect some guns if you use the low version. If you decide to get the Williams I’d measure your post height and call them to see what they recommend.
Are the ones that you mentioned,do they use the dovetail to be attached?

If and when you get a chance could you send me the links to the three that you mentioned because I only seen the FP-AG

Reactions: MDriskill
If and when you get a chance could you send me the links to the three that you mentioned because I only seen the FP-AG

My guess is the AG would work best on your gun, but check with Williams. I just put one on a Diana 34 and looks like it will be perfect. Trying it out a little later today. I don’t know a lot about your rifle, but if the front sight is screwed on there are lots of options for replacing.

The Williams diopter works perfectly with the Weihrauch globe sight. Just mount it to the dovetail and done. I have had the Williams sight move rearward because it does not have a stop pin. Either add a stop pin to the mount ( drill and tap) or use a scope stop. That RX will probably move the sight. Says Beeman but made by Williams.
43ABB2B2-6777-439E-A88F-938D928B4FE4.jpeg
1DC5F60D-FB8D-46AF-B804-C4DC98C06EA7.jpeg

View attachment 290592
Love the extension on the back. Allows the aperture hole to be much smaller being closer to the eye. Hence, tightening the “room for error”.

Reactions: MDriskill