Really ?

1000000859.jpg

I battled the squirrels for several years with shooting with airguns and slingshot, live traps, killer traps, feed a fox family, letting the dog loose on them, baffles and squirrel proof bird feeders. Before I started, I was going thru $20 of premium bird feed a week before I hit on a combination of controls that kept the money bleed to a trickle. Hard to sneak around and shoot squirrels in a subdivision when neighbors and even my wife are threatening to call the police,. I tried to execute the ones I caught in my life traps for their crimes by putting a plastic container over them and put in one of those giant killer smoke bombs that are suppose to kill groundhogs, skunks etc. Just puts them to sleep. Need to build myself a mini gallows or get some airgun buddies for a firing squad.

Reactions: Wauzoo and bf1956
I battled the squirrels for several years with shooting with airguns and slingshot, live traps, killer traps, feed a fox family, letting the dog loose on them, baffles and squirrel proof bird feeders. Before I started, I was going thru $20 of premium bird feed a week before I hit on a combination of controls that kept the money bleed to a trickle. Hard to sneak around and shoot squirrels in a subdivision when neighbors and even my wife are threatening to call the police,. I tried to execute the ones I caught in my life traps for their crimes by putting a plastic container over them and put in one of those giant killer smoke bombs that are suppose to kill groundhogs, skunks etc. Just puts them to sleep. Need to build myself a mini gallows or get some airgun buddies for a firing squad.
My gal doesn't like that I shoot the birds and squirrels and will just tell me sometimes to not shoot them at that moment, but if she threatened to call the cops on me for doing it, I wouldn't have a wife anymore. That's crazy.

We already have too many feral and semi feral "pet" cats in our neighborhood. No need to bring in more..........on the other hand.......
With all the coyotes and bobcats walking our neighborhood, feral cats are a non problem. Housecats/domestic pets don't last their 1st evening on the loose. Unfortunately, ground squirrels still plague us. Orv.

live catch and a 1322 to the dome

With all the coyotes and bobcats walking our neighborhood, feral cats are a non problem. Housecats/domestic pets don't last their 1st evening on the loose. Unfortunately, ground squirrels still plague us. Orv.
I've seen one bobcat ever while hunting. I had a nightly coyote on my trail cam here in my suburban yard. A coyote got hit by a car on a road about a block away a few weeks ago. No coyote on cam since. I'm still waiting for others to move in.

I moved my bird feeder to my aluminum gazebo a couple years ago and saw my first squirrel on it yesterday. I'm not sure how it got up there, they cannot climb on the frame. I know they have tried jumping from the chairs under the gazebo before so maybe this one did it. The dog alerted me that there was a squirrel and it ran off before I got a shot. She kills them if I hit them and they fall and are not quite dead yet but she hasn't caught one yet. But it is the highlight of her day when she sees one and gets to chase it.

Reactions: bf1956