• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Really love my Wildcat

Even though I wish I knew about and waited for the FX Maverick because of the bottle I am still very happy with my Wildcat MK3. 

Have my hunting blind setup with a heater so even in this frigid day I can still play. Have some pictures of my baby and my setup for your viewing pleasure.

I don’t have a fancy scope cam and wish I did but took a picture of a group with my phone through the scope. This is at 103 yards and a group of 10 NSA 36.2 grain .25 slugs that shoot incredibly well in this gun. Didn’t trudge through the snow to measure but you can see that this is almost pellet on pellet. Element Titan scope at 20x and Strelok Pro make it easy to dial a range and put them in the spot. 

Took a while to create zero profiles for all the slugs and pellets but now that it is done I am set unless I tune some more. My wife has instructions to not allow me to do and beat me with a stick since I have this dialed in LOL. 

20201219_154357c.1608412391.jpg

20201219_142101c.1608412407.jpg

20201219_150923c.1608412423.jpg

Great shooting. My Wild Mk3 in .22 loves Varmint Knocker 22 grains and stacks em in .33”. At 50 yards. I am just learning the gun and I think once I keep working on the tune, it will get even better. This is my first FX and its a much different animal than the Leshiy which I learned the basics on. Regarding the Maverick, nah, I am waiting for the Impact Mk3 and will keep shooting the Wild also. She’s a keeper for sure.

Nice group. Share the tune sometime, HST millimeters, dial, speed and such. I am debating putting a .25 on it as that caliber is nice in my Leshiy at least.

Congrats, 

Brad

Great looking gun Glenn, they look good regardless of any barrel length is on them. What liner and what speed are those 36's zinging at?. What pellet have you been shooting as your first choice?

Jking

Have the 700mm superior liner and have them going at 925fps. I really like the NSA 36.2's and even though they are more than pellets I can justify to myself for longer range. For pellets my next choice would be the Exact King heavy and have them set for two power levels with 953fps and 921fps. The Hades I have going at two power levels being 987fps and 936fps. Consistency in accuracy seems to be the same for the King's and Hades with the different speeds and will have to do some more accuracy tests on them as I got hooked on the NSA's.

Installed the Huma regulator with XL plenum along with the Ernest transfer port and the consistency is incredible. Consistency is more stable with the higher hammer spring and when shooting on level 7 with the NSA's I'm getting two clips or 36 shots before hitting the reg pressure. Would love to throw a bottle on this gun for more shots but with a compressor and Air Hog tank I can deal with it.

Love my gen 1 always seem to grab it over the Vulcan, impact or veteran all in 22 cal I'm starting to wonder if it is because the wildcat is in 25 cal.... good looking rig you have there congrats HYNZIE 4S

Thank you and my Airforce condor has been feeling very lonely since I got her lol. Having the condor in .22 and now shooting .25 I really prefer the .25 for the impact it gives and so much more than the .22. But with the condor using the predator pellets it gave quite a hit and pop.

Wonderful WC mk3 and awesome heated blind! Great shooting range and shooting! Recently picked up an Athlon Ares with similar reticle, really enjoying it.. nice Titan!

The best part of having a heated hunting blind and getting the big one was hoping that my kids and wife would join me. To my joy my son and daughter come out with me often because it is heated and no more hearing them say they are freezing and they actually enjoy being out there shooting. It's all about family and sharing this with them so it was money well spent.

Nice and Congrats! The superior is the standard, not heavy? I'm having excellent results with the Heavy after removing the choke. 

I don't know ab out it not being a fancy scope. I'm thinking about trading my Zeiss for one! It is only a 14x so a little less power than I need with these old eyes. LOL ;<)

KnifeMaker

It's just the standard superior liner and was thinking about the heavy but after seeing the results I'm getting I'm not going to touch it. 

Big difference I noticed was with POI consistency was the barrel support I made for it with half of a Burris scope ring insert machined flat on the bottom where it rides against the air tube. I tried a barrel strap and noticed that the POI would change and was worried about that prior to ordering but thought I would give it a shot. With my setup it allows the barrel to move when shot but come to rest in the original position with binding like the strap.