• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Reality check needed, please

if only there was a recording of this perfect telephone conversation, we have only heard one side. So can we judge by one witness?
so far we have,
1: no crime was committed, money was returned
2: common moral understanding among gentlemen, my word is good as gold,, the seller is less than steller,, bad behavior, but not bad legally. Are we imposing our standards on others, it is a moral issue , not a legal one, there are hurt feelings, but not hurt wallets.
3: the op come public looking for support against said seller,,, bad karma,,, it makes the OP look bad,
there are no winners except those who learn and grow from bad judgements,,, The Good Lord knows that I AM far from perfect
Now ,,, we members are looking down at each other, when we are not involved, we are lured into others drama and took a side
and that folks ,, is why our host does his best, to avoid touchy topics that divide us

Also: if the dog would not have stopped to poop he would have caught the rabbit,, he stopped and ***haggled*** the seller down, if, if, if, if, he had just offered full price at the get go,,,, non of this nonsense would have occurred ,,,actions have consequences,, and I AM an idiot for even commenting on this, I need help
@jarmstrong, you're not an idiot for commenting on this thread...***Moderator Edit: Insults removed***

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, how could you "quote" something you couldn't see?

I guess you used one of your 4 or 5 other screen names? Thanks for showing us that you're the troll I always knew you to be.

just-stop-no-just-no.gif

Last edited:
Two things

1) if it’s bugging you enough to make this post. Do you what makes you feel resolved. Life is too short to care what others think especially when hurting your principles

2) when I sell on eBay, I have a buy it now price and also take offers. Many times I would be negotiating through the counteroffer feature or, be chatting with people and someone will click buy it now. I know it’s not the same but could it be possible he has it listed on eBay?

3) yes in forum sales, “I’ll take it” from the buyer is binding and same on seller side if they agree to sell it then it is what it is. At the very least seller should reach out and say something like “hey sorry dude, someone else offer asking price, would you be willing to match? My family could really use the extra $50 or whatever”

4) I think every situation is nuanced and overall word is bond. However between 2 men honesty hall and communication is a separate issue that carries as much weight

Again, Life is too short to worry about what other people think, live your life the way you feel is good and just.