• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Real Men !! ---

Hi Guys

Regarding the shot count needed to tune.

I filled my impact 3 times today, 700 odd pumps of my Fx 4 stage pump.

From 150 bar to 250 bar is around 230 pumps.

Must say I'm getting fitter shooting PCP.

I'm getting around 60 shots per fill now I'm tuned for the 33.95 grain pellets at 920 fps.

I was getting around 80 shots per fill shooting 24.39 grain pellets at 930 fps.

I used to shoot three magazines for 84 shots then refill.

Now is two magazines then fill.

I wonder how many times you would need to pump to tune a .35 cal Impact?

Ok, I hear you say, "get a compressor or a tank". Yeah, Yeah.

Real men hand pump!! :)

Regards

Deafdog

Really! Whether you hand pump for your airguns or not is no more a defining factor in being a man than whether you shoot high power rifles or 12 ft lb airguns is. Sometimes I use a hand pump and sometimes I fill my guns from a tank. I can't fault anyone for not wanting to hand pump. It is doable but it is hard work and I understand why people, men included, would rather not do it. Hand pumps are simply one of several ways to get air into your airgun.

Rick B.

I started out with a hand pump and used that for a very (way too long) time. I even "supercharged" the pump by feeding it with compressed air - really cut down on the number of pumps needed. Hand pumping was still a lot of work and the reason why my rifles were tuned for shot count. I got a compressor last year and now I enjoy my air guns so much more. That said, if it was not for the affordable price of a hand pump I would not have gotten into PCP's. I still have that hand pump and I will never sell it.

i bought my first pcp (gauntlet) last year and a hand pump. i used it exactly one time and sent it back. I'm 6'5" and these pumps are so short and that made it pure h$ll pumping. So I ordered a hatsan spark and have been using it since and now have 5 higher end PCPs. I will eventually upgrade to a better compressor and large bottle setup. Kudos to the guys that stick with hand pumping

Hi Guys

Regarding the shot count needed to tune.

I filled my impact 3 times today, 700 odd pumps of my Fx 4 stage pump.

From 150 bar to 250 bar is around 230 pumps.

Must say I'm getting fitter shooting PCP.

I'm getting around 60 shots per fill now I'm tuned for the 33.95 grain pellets at 920 fps.

I was getting around 80 shots per fill shooting 24.39 grain pellets at 930 fps.

I used to shoot three magazines for 84 shots then refill.

Now is two magazines then fill.

I wonder how many times you would need to pump to tune a .35 cal Impact?

Ok, I hear you say, "get a compressor or a tank". Yeah, Yeah.

Real men hand pump!! :)

Regards

Deafdog

You are a better man than I.

Deafdog, you da man!

I don't usually pump anymore but...

About a week before the lockdown started my compressor died.

The day before lockdown I had my 74cf tank topped off to 4500PSI at the dive shop.

I haven't touched my tank and have been pumping my Taipan shortys (whew!)

Compressor is due back from Todd tomorrow and I can't wait! LoL

shollz, to you or anyone else on the taller side, check this out.

It's cheap, easy and it works 👍

Matt

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/custom-fitting-for-your-pump/

1588215228_11266643415eaa3dbcd5b9f7.08574479.JPG