• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Readyair Rebuild seal kit

Screenshot_20221106-192121_Samsung Internet.jpg

I feel like the rebuild kits should include the bigger tan colored piston seal as well as the orange o-ring for the cylinder head. The bigger tan colored piston seal has to be wearing away because both times I've rebuilt mine there have been "shavings" of it in the bottom of the bore, and one time the orange cylinder head o-ring blew out causing the compressor to max out at 2k psi. I was able to measure and order a replacement for the orange, but worry about how much life the tan one has left.

Give up on that turd and buy a GX CS2………The Readyair was my first PCP-direct compressor. It worked fine for about 10 hours. Then I had to rebuild the piston. Two more hours and I had to do it again. Another two hours and I had to do it AGAIN. After it failed a third time I chucked it in the roll-off at work. $500 and I got a grand total of 17 hours of slow, noisy airgun fills……..What a POS, I would advise you to cut your losses now.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I feel like the rebuild kits should include the bigger tan colored piston seal as well as the orange o-ring for the cylinder head. The bigger tan colored piston seal has to be wearing away because both times I've rebuilt mine there have been "shavings" of it in the bottom of the bore, and one time the orange cylinder head o-ring blew out causing the compressor to max out at 2k psi. I was able to measure and order a replacement for the orange, but worry about how much life the tan one has left.
Tan piston seal is the single brown oring on right of kit picture.