• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Reactive Targets

1564623605_10626045155d4242f53a4c90.91062137_20190731_201245.jpg

Water bottle caps on toothpicks! They go fast!

Paintballs on golf tees are pretty challenging and easy to replenish also. Take a strip of wood and drill a row of holes just large enough to wedge the golf tees into and carefully balance the paint balls on top of them.

If hit with any velocity they make a very satisfying and loud 'BLAAAPPP!!' and of course the paint vaporizes. If backlit by the sun it's spectacular with yellow paint balls!

Then of course you can aim for the heads of the golf tees themselves if you're feeling cocky.

I have several different kinds. I have 50 small rubber ducks that will last through numerous hits each and 144 beer pong balls that I haven't tried yet. I will only use both of those at 75-100 yards. I also bought a pack of 50 thousand small water beads for closer range shooting. Add 1/2 teaspoon of beads to a quart of water & in a few hours you'll have hundreds of small 1/2 inch pellet shattering targets. Use them with golf tees & they only cost around $7 with Amazon Prime. Them make larger ones too!

I have several different kinds. I have 50 small rubber ducks that will last through numerous hits each and 144 beer pong balls that I haven't tried yet. I will only use both of those at 75-100 yards. I also bought a pack of 50 thousand small water beads for closer range shooting. Add 1/2 teaspoon of beads to a quart of water & in a few hours you'll have hundreds of small 1/2 inch pellet shattering targets. Use them with golf tees & they only cost around $7 with Amazon Prime. Them make larger ones too!

Nice I'm going to try them.

1564710944_4752957725d43982052a702.98530669_Screenshot_20190801-205420_Amazon Shopping.jpg

i place the bottle caps on golf tees and set them around the yard where the pests usually are. it's a great way to make sure your still on target, and to test ranges. 

sidewalk chalk cut into 1/4" slabs and placed on golf tees explode in color. old cherry tomatoes and grapes to place on the tees. put about 1/2" of water in small plastic "dixie" cups then freeze them. they pop out and can be placed on tees. best part is not having to clean up the pieces!

i have a 2x4x8 with holes drilled 3/4 of the way through at both ends that sits on 2 steel rods. the 2x4 is leveled by tapping on the ends and driving the rods in the ground. the top has small holes drilled for tees. i hang cans from it, paper targets, and have spinners mounted. it's also portable.

i'll post a pic when i can.