I would go with 30 caliber maximum.

I have to agree with Odoyle on his assessment. Out of the box, the .357 is underpowered for that specific caliber. It can be made to shoot hotter, but with some serious modifications.

The .25 or .30 may suit you better, unless your intent is to take pigs with it. If you’re wanting to shoot at 100-200 yards, you may find that the pellet pellet drop with the .357 may be more than you will like.

Would agree as well with .30 cal maximum in a RAW 1000X platform. Plenum volume is not that great for the kind of speed/power required for the .357 caliber. Requires HIGH pressure as well, heavy hammer strike to open the valve in .357 takes a LOT of air and is not easy and would be IMO on the fringe of the platforms capability.

JMO ....

i have got raws in all the cal. and have had all models (sold the Tm's as they were not getting the use) they are basically an updated Theoben rapid ( mk4 trigger later variant) and share the same mags, hammers, valves, regs and trigger units (mk4 triggers post 2007 rapid) i like them a lot they are highly modifiable and pretty much anyone can take them apart and do a reseal or valve swap however there are issues with them and this applies to even the pre airforce guns that are supposedly better but these issues are easily fixed.

over in the u.k. one of the best if not the best tuner of RAW's is a chap goes by the name bucketboy and he frequents the www.rapid7ownersclub.co.uk website which is also worth signing up to as like mentioned above they are an updated theoben rapid design gun and the above forum has a good technical section and development section.

here is a pic of my RAW mini based on the chassis gun that they showed at the shot show back in 2020 but have not done anything with since.......... it has a bucketboy shroud, 200cc bottle, bucketboy action tune (valve, hammer support sleeve, ssg device etc etc) and a law folding stock along with magpul furniture

image_3887.1610267179.jpg

One thing I have noticed with the chassis rifles is that you need high scope mounts to get the head position right

I have just bought this .30 HM1000x chassis rifle. One of the nicest rifles I’ve owned. I’m still finding the correct tune for it (pellets/slugs?). The ability to modify and create your own gun because of the chassis is great. I’ve fitted mine with MDT furniture (SRS-Short Stock, 2 Way fixed to fixed folding stock adapter) and an Area 419 Extended Arca Rail. As I say I’m still finding the correct tune but so far untuned it’s producing sub MOA groups at 60Y. 
This was a quick session on the bunnies a few nights ago:
0C65C65D-4571-4763-949D-394BE8A05D2E.1610274033.jpeg
8674381D-B516-4F3D-A4D1-57799C1625C5.1610274034.jpeg

And here she is up close with the new stock modifications:
79DA0067-C5C0-4E9F-8935-163FAE40123E.1610274035.jpeg

You will not regret your purchase!

I really like this rifle a lot but I think I'll wait for the mini version.

The moderator, even the new one is something I hope they change. I was told the old design was really loud, specially in .25 caliber and up.

Now they have added something that looks ridiculous, when I first saw a picture of it I though it was a prank. Is that new monstrosity quiet now? 

I just wish they had kept that part simple and just add the 1/2x20 unf thread adapter and we just add the moderator we like/want 

The gun is also a bit longer... My main usage is hunting...I wish that mini (or are they calling it the micro) were out already...no news about that one??

i have got raws in all the cal. and have had all models (sold the Tm's as they were not getting the use) they are basically an updated Theoben rapid ( mk4 trigger later variant) and share the same mags, hammers, valves, regs and trigger units (mk4 triggers post 2007 rapid) i like them a lot they are highly modifiable and pretty much anyone can take them apart and do a reseal or valve swap however there are issues with them and this applies to even the pre airforce guns that are supposedly better but these issues are easily fixed.

over in the u.k. one of the best if not the best tuner of RAW's is a chap goes by the name bucketboy and he frequents the www.rapid7ownersclub.co.uk website which is also worth signing up to as like mentioned above they are an updated theoben rapid design gun and the above forum has a good technical section and development section.

here is a pic of my RAW mini based on the chassis gun that they showed at the shot show back in 2020 but have not done anything with since.......... it has a bucketboy shroud, 200cc bottle, bucketboy action tune (valve, hammer support sleeve, ssg device etc etc) and a law folding stock along with magpul furniture

One thing I have noticed with the chassis rifles is that you need high scope mounts to get the head position right

That looks awesome, I was looking for someone to make custom barrels. Thanks for the info

Not me, I will wait for my original order and I am thinking about picking up one of the available rifles. It is the red thumb hole stock .22 

I had emailed prior asking if they could change to .357 but they said they available rifle is built on old platform and the .357 was a different receiver and not large enough. I was informed the new model uses new receiver that can be switched. 
I have since emailed with the question can the old style.22 receiver be upgraded to .30? I sure hope so. 
Does anyone on the forum have any knowledge on this ? 
Thanks again guys, and as I have always said.....if anyone is in the Boston area and wants to go to the range, it is on me! Maybe even squeeze in some Boston food and drink!!! 

Yes, let us know when you get your rifle. 
i did order the .red 22 caliber they had listed on their site as available while I wait for my .357

Congratulations! Have a friend that did the same thing, ordered one that was built in Texas got it, liked it so much he ordered an older one from the AF site that was built in TN with the outside plenum extension!

i did order the .red 22 caliber they had listed on their site as available while I wait for my .357

Congratulations! Have a friend that did the same thing, ordered one that was built in Texas got it, liked it so much he ordered an older one from the AF site that was built in TN with the outside plenum extension!

Thank you, glad to hear of other happy owners. The available rifle was built in Tennessee and the new one is being built now. They told me 8-10 weeks. 

Thank you, glad to hear of other happy owners. The available rifle was built in Tennessee and the new one is being built now. They told me 8-10 weeks.

That’s how he got his TN model, through AF’s website stating it was built there with the external plenum. Cannot have enough of these Rapids 👍.

Gentleman, I have a question, I enjoy a good unboxing. I would like to do one when I get my Raw. It will be the first for me. That being said, I have a very close friend who owns a high end knife store, My official title is Non Employee, Non Partner, Partner. He is a Small Shop dealing in quality. I am just a an old guy who wants to see a good guy get a break. And I like knives. What are the rules here if I do an unboxing with a small push to what he has to offer. I am going to do the video for him anyway but I don't want to violate any rules here. I very much appreciate all of the knowledge that is offered here. I look foreword to a long run.

Wow, that thing looks sweet! Can the 200cc bottle/valve be purchase separately?

Thanks!