You can also bleed the plenum by backing out the blanking plug on the bottom of the receiver block.

I dry fire my rifle to bleed the plenum, because I know that the plenum is still pressurized. If you are unsure if the plenum has pressure in it, back out the blanking plug on the bottom to check.

Dry firing a RAW with no pressure in it is detrimental to the rifle. You are not supposed to run them very far under reg set point, let alone smack the hammer into the valve on an empty rifle.

Have fun and enjoy your fancy new RAW! 😁

You can also bleed the plenum by backing out the blanking plug on the bottom of the receiver block.

I dry fire my rifle to bleed the plenum, because I know that the plenum is still pressurized. If you are unsure if the plenum has pressure in it, back out the blanking plug on the bottom to check.

Dry firing a RAW with no pressure in it is detrimental to the rifle. You are not supposed to run them very far under reg set point, let alone smack the hammer into the valve on an empty rifle.

Have fun and enjoy your fancy new RAW! 😁

Thanks Chuck! Does it only take 1 dry fire to empty out (or MOSTLY empty out) the plenum where it's then safe to slowly remove the blanking plug?

I ordered my RAW 1/9/21 and I got it today. Wow, I don't have it scoped yet but I shot it a few times and it is unbelievable. Well done. The tank I ordered from Joe Brancato shipped yesterday along with 750 pellets. Life is going to get fun.

KevinB, CONGRATULATIONS on the RAW and JoeB tank! That is my go to set up for shooting and air! Just back from a 2 day 3 hours of pesting (1.5 hours a day) ground squirrel starling pesting adventure....friend and I got almost 90 GS's and 60 plus starlings, mine was with the RAW shooting pellets and slugs....you're gonna luv yours! Pics please! Oh...order more ammo....you'll be needing them! 😁

Congrats on the new RAW Kevin! I've not been on the forums for a while, but I've posted in the RAW Report quite a bit. I shoot a dual caliber (.25 / .30) HM1000X, pre-AF. I had Martin custom make the stock to be shorter for me and I absolutely love the gun. As posted in the RAW report, these guns are supremely accurate. I go back and forth between which caliber I prefer: I prefer shooting the .25 cal heavies for the flatter ballistics, but I like the .30 for the extra knock down power. Both are equally accurate.

Here are a couple groups with mine setup in .30 cal. The first group is 5 shots at 50 yards; the second is 5 shots at 75 yards.

RAW HM1000x .30 cal, 50 yards-.18 inch group.1620481313.JPG

RAW HM1000x .30 cal, 75 yards-.23 inch group.1620481338.JPG

Please post photos when you can-we'd love to see your new setup!

Sean

Congrats on the new RAW Kevin! I've not been on the forums for a while, but I've posted in the RAW Report quite a bit. I shoot a dual caliber (.25 / .30) HM1000X, pre-AF. I had Martin custom make the stock to be shorter for me and I absolutely love the gun. As posted in the RAW report, these guns are supremely accurate. I go back and forth between which caliber I prefer: I prefer shooting the .25 cal heavies for the flatter ballistics, but I like the .30 for the extra knock down power. Both are equally accurate.

Here are a couple groups with mine setup in .30 cal. The first group is 5 shots at 50 yards; the second is 5 shots at 75 yards.

RAW HM1000x .30 cal, 50 yards-.18 inch group.1620481313.JPG

RAW HM1000x .30 cal, 75 yards-.23 inch group.1620481338.JPG

Please post photos when you can-we'd love to see your new setup!

Sean

Sean, those are amazing groups @ 50 & 75yds! Keep up the excellent shooting.

Great shooting. I would say you have it dialed in. I just got my tank from Joe Brancata And I ordered 5 tins of jsb 50. grain and they sent 4 tins of FX 50.5 grain. I will call them tomorrow and figure that out. My Vortex Diamond back tactical 6-24x50 will be here Thursday so I am ready to sling some lead. Thank you for post. I will post pics ASAP

Well KevinB, congratulations (tank) and sorry about the pellets! Please post pics once your Vortex arrives! Woo Hoo!

I got my scope yesterday and the mounts today, I will try and get some pics posted tomorrow. On another note I took my Great White tank from Joe B to the dive shop. He could only fill it to 3100 because he did not have the right fitting to hook directly to the compressor. He filled it from another tank. They use a Yoke SCUBA Fill Whip. What do I need to make that work. Oddly enough I am the first Air Gunner to go in there.

Yes, you can top off your tank(s) with your handpump, depending on how much work you want to put in.

I haven't worked in a SCUBA shop for some years now, but I think that the most popular valves in the U.S. still are connected with an external yoke, instead of the screw-in DIN fitting as is more common internationally. Assuming that is the case, you would need a din-to-yoke adapter as your Great White likely has DIN300 female threads, and the local SCUBA shop has a yoke connection to their air supply.

Likely other sources, but a quick Google search found this:

https://www.nuvair.com/brass-din-300-bar-filler-adapter.html