• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW TM 1000 POI changed

Hello all, last year I purchased a used RAW TM 1000. Up until this month it has been shooting like a laser. At last week’s competition, sighting in at 27 yards it is right on. At 50 yards it's supposed to be -1.5 to hit center but it ended up being -10. Same with 10 yards, my hold point was -3 now it's much more. Any ideas what caused this, could it be the regulator? Is this something I should try to fix or just send it in for an overhaul?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Bob

Reactions: JohnTaylor
Reg issue is possible, but for such a sudden and significant POI change, I doubt it. I once had a sudden and drastic POI change in my RAW, and it turned out to be a dirty hammer assembly. I disassembled it, cleaned and lightly lubed it, and the issue has not recurred. And, the first thing I eliminate with any accuracy issue is a dirty barrel. I've had a dirty barrel cause problems I would never have guessed.

Reactions: Richieg and rsfrid
Reg issue is possible, but for such a sudden and significant POI change, I doubt it. I once had a sudden and drastic POI change in my RAW, and it turned out to be a dirty hammer assembly. I disassembled it, cleaned and lightly lubed it, and the issue has not recurred. And, the first thing I eliminate with any accuracy issue is a dirty barrel. I've had a dirty barrel cause problems I would never have guessed.
Yeah…I’ve heard of that too. Personally never experienced it though.
Also a very simple fix.