RAW REPORT

Hey fellas,

Just a question about accuracy and cleaning. When I shoot a match, I clean the gun with 1 or 2 wet patches, depending on how dirty it is and then pull 2-3 dry patches. Then about 10 shots to get it seasoned in and I'm ready to go. But by the end of the 3 card match, I can tell it isn't shooting as well.

But then I talked to a couple other guys at the match about cleaning and both of them said they haven't cleaned their barrel since last year!!! Why would it be that some barrels can just go filthy and shoot so well, while some guns demand to be clean to shoot properly? 

Do any of you experience this? Do I need to just let this barrel get about 1000 pellets through it before it will start having "non flier" days at the matches?

Crusher

As a competitive FT shooter, nearly NEVER run wet patches down the bore ... but DO DRAG A DRY and BRUSHLESS Bore Snake threw the bore every few 100 shots.

As a competitive BR shooter, I clean the barrel between each of the 3 25 shot cards in a match. I use two patches wet with Ballistol and 4-6 dry patches. Then shoot a bunch of sighters to dry the rest out until it settles down. If I don't, the barrel gets really dirty by the time I shoot the second card, and accuracy falls off. That's my experience with my TM1000 with a polygonal barrel For my FT gun (HM 1000 shooting at 15 fpe) I hardly ever clean it..

Another picture to try and show the gloss which really does not shoot very well.
1551637733_5138943065c7c1ce506e439.33273540_20190303_085742.jpg

Were you doing this gloss coat just for the bling factor or because you were concerned with the protection factory finish? I'm hoping the latter isn't the case, I ordered an HMx to get a break from having to work my airguns!!

Hi Mountain ghost,

No I ordered my stock without a finish coat.

I completely changed the profile of the middle forearm and so I did not want to remove a factory finish and then do the work.

The gloss is because everyone has a mat finish RAW and almost no-one has a presentation grade RAW stock. So it is just something to set it apart from the masses, that and it is very difficult to do well. It is easy to slap on a few coats and call it done, but to get a smooth finish took months in this case.

@terrymc - that is undoubtedly one of the most phenomenal looking stocks that I've ever seen, and I can appreciate the work that you put into it! I'm wondering what the finish is like on these newer LRT (camo) stocks - hoping they're not too bad.

I started reading into this thread shortly after posting yesterday, I can't recall my exact entry point (somewhere in the neighborhood of page ~130 if I had to guess) - I still have a ways to go.

In terms of the HMx's produced after the RAW acquisition- can anyone attest to perceivable differences (for better or worse)? Martin seems like a smart guy, I'm hedging on the 60ft lb HMx that I ordered to be standard RAW quality. In the end, I was split between the HMx and a custom Beaumont, this newer quicker turnaround offering definitely played into my decision - coupled with the fact, that i would have chose the options that they're producing in quantities anyhow (.25 / polygonal / RH / Camo).

The AirForce site says this updated LRT model is estimated to be in stock 3/31, a drop in the bucket for wait time for what some of you guys had to endure! Yet l, I'll still be biting my nails, since patience isn't my strong suit

" can anyone attest to perceivable differences "

Same building in Minor Hill TN, same CNC machines with the same people working there and naturally Martin is still the boss. Not a thing changed and Martin is your service source should you have special needs.

John

That is great! I thought something had been said about production ops being moved to TX, but I don't think I'm worried at all now overall. The more reading that I do, the less concerned and more anxious I am.

@terrymc - that is undoubtedly one of the most phenomenal looking stocks that I've ever seen, and I can appreciate the work that you put into it! I'm wondering what the finish is like on these newer LRT (camo) stocks - hoping they're not too bad.

I started reading into this thread shortly after posting yesterday, I can't recall my exact entry point (somewhere in the neighborhood of page ~130 if I had to guess) - I still have a ways to go.

In terms of the HMx's produced after the RAW acquisition- can anyone attest to perceivable differences (for better or worse)? Martin seems like a smart guy, I'm hedging on the 60ft lb HMx that I ordered to be standard RAW quality. In the end, I was split between the HMx and a custom Beaumont, this newer quicker turnaround offering definitely played into my decision - coupled with the fact, that i would have chose the options that they're producing in quantities anyhow (.25 / polygonal / RH / Camo).

The AirForce site says this updated LRT model is estimated to be in stock 3/31, a drop in the bucket for wait time for what some of you guys had to endure! Yet l, I'll still be biting my nails, since patience isn't my strong suit

Hi @mtnGhost, production of the rifles will continue to be in Tennesee, although there are some parts being made in Texas to alleviate some of the work-load from our TN crew so that Martin can focus on production. Right now it's mostly valve and regulator parts. Of course, Martin still inspects them prior to them actually going to TN and again before they are installed. Being able to lighten some of the machining load was the first step in reducing wait times so TX made parts have been going into RAW guns since just a few weeks after the AirForce/RAW partnership.

The 3/31 date is only an ETA (and has since been updated as that date is now passed), RAW guns are still being built to order right now. We do have wait times down significantly from what they were and we looking at about 3-4 weeks for LRT's from the date of order till you have the gun in your hands, possibly even sooner. Benchrest guns and TM's are still built to customer spec and are about 4 months right now. Wait times will continue to decrease as we make upgrades to our manufacturing capabilities in TN.

We are doing everything we can to keep quality the same and to make sure that the current production RAW's live up to their heritage, we appreciate everyone's patience as we go through the growing process. Trying to keep RAW right where it has always been in terms of quality and at the same time get them out the door faster and into shooters hands has been, as I'm sure you can imagine, no small task, but we are dedicated to doing it in what we feel is the right way. 

I also want to say how awesome this thread is, I was talking with Michael, the owner of the forum the other day and we both realized that this is the longest running thread on the forum right now! Pretty neat to see that there are so many shooters that are so passionate about RAW! 

As always, if you have questions feel free to call us or email, or shoot me a message here on the forums, I try to check them 3 or 4 times a week to keep up with everything that's going on.

Thanks again!

~ Cameron

RAW Marketing

I can verify that Martin Rutterford still puts his best effort into the rifles that he builds and his service is exemplary. Yes, I've noticed the minor changes to the LRT stock and I assume it was done to reduce manufacturing cost while maintaining it's original function. These are minor and shouldn't affect your decision on buying one of these fine rifles.

I can verify that Martin Rutterford still puts his best effort into the rifles that he builds and his service is exemplary. Yes, I've noticed the minor changes to the LRT stock and I assume it was done to reduce manufacturing cost while maintaining it's original function. These are minor and shouldn't affect your decision on buying one of these fine rifles.

You are very right, the LRT makes up about 90% of the rifles that we build now and getting the stocks to a place where we can get them out the door faster was a key move. Before making the changes there was a lot of input from Martin, John McCaslin, as well as some of the competitive shooters that are RAW users to come up with something that was true to the original form as well as featuring some upgrades that made it a little lighter and easier to accessorize. 

Does anyone have any experience with a RAW shooting .22 Monsters 25grain at 950fps. Basically duplicating what the Daystate Redwolf was shooting at EBR last year.

@kdog That is what the new LRT's in .22 come set up to shoot from the factory, however, we've offered it as an option for almost 18 months. If you have an older gun you would need to send it to Martin to have the internals modified to get it to push the Monsters at 950 fps. 

Not to overstep bounds here .... it has been my experience that to get that sort of power you really need/want the X receiver guns with the larger plenum.

While you may get there with a standard receiver gun, it would take running at much higher regulated pressure which will take a pretty good hit on the available shot count.

JMO tho ....

I'm still running in of the Gen 1 Raw HM1000 .20. I regulated it set at 120 BAR and the high flow valve plus changed it to the CF bottle. Trigger is still a sweet pull. II'V HAD 4 of the raw Guns and all gen 1. I'm sure the newer ONES are better but there is nothing wrong with the older RAW'S. THE .20 is shooting the 14.3 @930 fps and always accuate. IMO the Raw gun is hard to beat. JMO 💀

I'm still running in of the Gen 1 Raw HM1000 .20. I regulated it set at 120 BAR and the high flow valve plus changed it to the CF bottle. Trigger is still a sweet pull. II'V HAD 4 of the raw Guns and all gen 1. I'm sure the newer ONES are better but there is nothing wrong with the older RAW'S. THE .20 is shooting the 14.3 @930 fps and always accuate. IMO the Raw gun is hard to beat. JMO
1f480.svg

Dear Fang,

27.45 ftlb is the power you are getting. Kdog is talking about 50 ftlb.

I agree with Motorhead that with smaller receiver some other modifications may be needed in addition to higher regulator pressure. 

Umair Bhaur 

Off the top of my head your cals are close. Even at that that's a nice spot to in for a .20. 50 FPE in a .20 Cal is too hot. Slug gun maybe. 

I personally think I'm at the threshold of my pellet weight. And accuacy still obtained at 50-100 yrds. All depends on the wind.

I was told the .20 years ago was not a pcp Cal gun. If I could get 50fpe out of a .20 I'd do it my. 

Hell I my have missed something in this reply. 

Sir you know me. I play hard .lol lol 💀

I'm just a guest here . Most that know me know where I stay. As a wolf I'm just here in gone. Hope all is well with you!

[/img][/url]