• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW REPORT

My guess: this looks like the 'intentional blow location' in the event of an overpressurization to allow the pressure to bleed off in a safe direction. There is a similar mark on the tube of the FX Wildcat in between the two seals where the regulator sits so that, in the event of a regulator failure, the pressure doesn't make it further back than the 'blow hole' in order to protect the shooter (and the gun) from more serious damage.

I may be wrong, but that's what this looks like to me. If it's leaking, it could be an indication that a regulator seal, or the bottle seal, has been compromised. Given that you removed the bottle, I would guess the o-ring was compromised. There may be a spare new seal in the bag of seals that came with the gun. Otherwise you can find a replacement on RAW's (www.rapidairweapons.com) website.

If you have further doubt, send Martin an email. He will get back to you with an answer.

Sean

Will an Edgun digital gauge fit on a TM1000? This little gauge is so hard for me to read. I'm testing things and I'd like to know more accurately where we are as far as tank pressure goes.

If there are other gauges that are easier to read, I'd be interested.

Also, what kind of ES are you getting with the RAW regulator. I have the .177 TM1000 and right now (after maybe 600-700 shots) the ES sucks at like 40+. Does it just need to break in? 

Crusher

Will an Edgun digital gauge fit on a TM1000? This little gauge is so hard for me to read. I'm testing things and I'd like to know more accurately where we are as far as tank pressure goes.

Also, what kind of ES are you getting with the RAW regulator. I have the .177 TM1000 and right now (after maybe 600-700 shots) the ES sucks at like 40+. Does it just need to break in? 

Crusher

Hammer spring energy ( setting ) and regulators set point are not in balance ...

Crusher

Hammer spring energy ( setting ) and regulators set point are not in balance ...

Happy Thanksgiving guys! Its nice when you can go visit friends and take your gun with to spend some quality time shooting! I got to teach his two kids to shoot yesterday (in the 28 F temps). Today is about 25-30F with a 15 mph wind. Hitting the spinners at 102 yards all the time...

Update : my friend’s wife wanted to shoot and was hitting the spinners at 102 yards about 75% of the time-and called it a lot of fun on the process, all in 30 degree temps. Great day today...

1542906717_12266690335bf6e35d2383a5.36053807_DCF4DAC4-2788-4639-9C10-63F53C3EFC6E.jpeg

Happy Thanksgiving guys! Its nice when you can go visit friends and take your gun with to spend some quality time shooting! I got to teach his two kids to shoot yesterday (in the 28 F temps). Today is about 25-30F with a 15 mph wind. Hitting the spinners at 102 yards all the time...

Update : my friend’s wife wanted to shoot and was hitting the spinners at 102 yards about 75% of the time-and called it a lot of fun on the process, all in 30 degree temps. Great day today...

1542906717_12266690335bf6e35d2383a5.36053807_DCF4DAC4-2788-4639-9C10-63F53C3EFC6E.jpeg

What cal?

Would you fellas mind telling me what kind of shot sting you are getting? If you have a TM1000, can you give me some idea what type of ES you are getting?

I'm shooting the 13's at about 800 fps. But my ES is just off. It is hanging somewhere are 28-32 over the entire string. I'd like to hear what others are getting.

Also, please respond to my question about gauges. 1. Will and Edgun fit and 2. Is there a better gauge that is easier for me to read?

Thanks

The ES I usually see for a 12 shot string is about 7-12 fps (sometimes up to 18-ish if thr temp is settling in). Look up the threads I’ve started on BC testing (there are a LOT of them): I have listed all the ES that I get from a shot string in the summaty data of each post. That is for .25 or .30 cal.

I would expect more if you fill the pressure high (230+ bar), shoot a whole shot atring and drop off the regulator.

I can’t comment on the gage as I have no experience with Edgun.

Sean

Getting 5-8fps w/ 13.4’s out of my BM’s, even tighter w/ 10.3’s out of the TM, average around 5fps, and I don’t do anything to these pellets anymore!, used to weigh them..., now I will check the first 20-25 out of tin for head size only, the lw-poly’s seem to prefer 4.53+ I also don’t clean barrels much anymore either...?my X-count probably bares this out!

Reactions: Crusher
For my older RAW TM1000 with the stock reg, it gets around between 15 and 20 for an ES on a 50 shot string. Haven't done more than that, and haven't done a shot string with the Ti Tube and custom reg. I bought from Todd Banks. That tube is 525cc, so larger than your standard air bottle used on most bottle guns. It came with a custom reg, but I need to rebuild it since there's a slow leak somewhere that I can't seem to find with normal methods. Its not the gun action or valve, since it doesn't leak with the stock tube and reg. I'm hoping once I get that fixed I can get the ES down to less than 10 like in my Crickets, Vulcan and Huma FX Bobcat. Funny, of all my reg. guns, the RAW has the worst ES, although I haven't run a string yet on my .22 FX Crown...

I don't think an EDgun or WIKA gage will fit, but I know a Huma gage (the 25mm version, not the 28mm version) will fit the TM1000.

Humm... I guess every gun is different. I get the best accuracy when the barrel is clean. I pull a couple of patches with a patchworm, then take about 10 shots. Bang, right back on stacking pellets for a few hundred shots.

I'm going to let it be dirty again and see what happens. I've heard so many people say the barrel doesn't mind it. This is the LW Poly and for me, it seems to like to be clean.

FWIW

Crusher