• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW REPORT

thats great results for sure ,i was trying to figure out how your shooting lane is set up ,,let me say its nice to have neighbors who ,well mind there own,, great shooting ..you need a bike yo go back and forth ,sure is a long distance ,,keep the great pics and info coming THANKS SEAN PAT

We have a community golf cart at the sportsman club for those of us that have issues walking 100 yards and beyond to check paper targets and out at my range I really only shoot steel so I don’t need to check but if I do put up paper out at 100 I use my lawnmower and cruse out to check but I like the bike idea, get one with those wide tires so it’s easier to ride in the grass plus its exercise.

thats great results for sure ,i was trying to figure out how your shooting lane is set up ,,let me say its nice to have neighbors who ,well mind there own,, great shooting ..you need a bike yo go back and forth ,sure is a long distance ,,keep the great pics and info coming THANKS SEAN PAT

We have a community golf cart at the sportsman club for those of us that have issues walking 100 yards and beyond to check paper targets and out at my range I really only shoot steel so I don’t need to check but if I do put up paper out at 100 I use my lawnmower and cruse out to check but I like the bike idea, get one with those wide tires so it’s easier to ride in the grass plus its exercise.

Yeah, I’m not worried about the little bit of exercise that would provide to me. I rode 67 miles last Sat (solo) with 3500+’ of climbing. I’m about to ride 80+ with a group this morning.

It is a good idea though for sure...

Sean

Yeah, I’m not worried about the little bit of exercise that would provide to me. I rode 67 miles last Sat (solo) with 3500+’ of climbing. I’m about to ride 80+ with a group this morning.

Sean

Well how about that... A fellow cyclist!. At age 70+, I'm not riding with the 'fast' guys any more, but can still make it to the top of Mt. Diablo (3800+) in fewer minutes than I have years. :)

Meantime, USPS surprised me. The moderator Ken sent me for my TM1000 was originally scheduled to arrive on Monday, but this morning the tracking site said it's out for delivery to me today! I just hope the mail person shows up early enough that I can try it out today. Either way, it's a notable occasion when USPS delivers anything 2 days early so I'm pretty excited.

Sure enough, the postman dropped off my moderator this afternoon. He was actually a bit early. When I got the box open, it was exactly the same as the pictures I posted. Once unwrapped, it slid snugly along the barrel until the muzzle was seated solidly against the stop in the mod body.. A single grub screw is used to fix it to the shroud. Easy on, easy off. It's just too smokey to do any serious shooting today, but I could not resist the temptation to launch a few down my backyard range. WoW! Kids, this thing works!!. Easily quiet enough to actually hear the hammer strike and little more.

Problem solved! This will mean I can shoot whenever I like without annoying anyone. That means I'll shoot more, maybe learn more. I love it.

Kudo's to Ken and the folks at RAW for their help. Ken, especially, took the time to discuss my needs and see me through to a solution. Much appreciated. And yeah, it does look cool :)

Wild fires to the North up around Redding and Mendocino, and as close as the Marsh fire over in Clayton, about 10 miles away. It's thick enough here that my eyes start to water after maybe 30 minutes outside. And it stinks. We're safe here (so far). No watches or warnings. Just really unpleasant to be outdoors.

I'm using an old archery butt made of baled cellular foam as a backstop so the smack is more like a muffled whump :) Between the new mod and that backstop, I'm pretty stealthy.

Sean

Well how about that... A fellow cyclist!. At age 70+, I'm not riding with the 'fast' guys any more, but can still make it to the top of Mt. Diablo (3800+) in fewer minutes than I have years. :)

Wow, that's awesome-good to know there are other cyclists here on the forum! Keep at it-gotta keep on moving, LOL.

I have to admit, I'm a little wiped out after today's ride (80.2 miles @ 18.1 mph average, but only 2600' of climbing). Too tired to shoot, so I plan to take my 12 year old out and watch her shoot my RAW instead, LOL.

Most of my rides are relatively short jaunts of a Sunday morning with one of the local clubs. There's a bunch of us seniors (locally known as the 'old farts') that traditionally make an assault on Mt. Diablo on New Year's Day, and that's about as hard core as I get. Ah, but there was a time, a few decades back...

These days, I spend more time behind a rifle scope than I do in the saddle, but it's enough to keep my doc happy.

Ken, 

when do you think the adapters will be ready for hm1000x .25?

We are waiting for preproduction prototypes for testing. Its a challenge because the raw rifles vary so much from gun to gun.

Ken

I shall be patiently waiting. Do you take deposits on RAW rifles? 

Matt

Your best bet is to send Ken an email or call him. He’s very busy developing and tuning so he doesn’t get on he as often as he likes too.

I have a moderator like that (in black) which fits over the Ti shroud on my BM500 barrel, which I am willing to sell for $150. I got it to practice BR shooting but our local range doesn't need suppression.

PM me if interested.

1532919952_17706077145b5e8090918971.47074448_raw moderator.jpg
1532919952_1487664845b5e8090d5a6d7.73991230_rawmod.jpg

Hey, Pat; this is not about RAWs, per se; but it is about noise suppression. Besides, I figured this is the best way to get hold of you. Remember back in the day when I gave you my 19mm female thread to 1/2" UNF male thread moderator adapter because I believed, at the time, I would not need it? Well, I recently ordered a DONNYFL SUMO for my Wildcat .25 MKI, and I had to buy another adapter with identical specs! It seems that every time I get rid of something, I end up needing it! But, as long I keep it, I never need it! So, never say never, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVF4kebiks4