RAW REPORT

RAW - Red.1633344317.JPG
Hey Guys,

Doing some harmonic tuning of my barrel which assumes all other issues have been sorted out in the gun. 

- However, I've never shot anything but JSB's through my .22/.25 cal. RAW's and slugs.

Question:

Have folks found other pellets performing better out of RAW poly barrels other than JSB's or AA pellets?

With the current pellet shortages I haven't ventured out to buy other brands which could be a mistake?

Does anyone have any experience with the lw polly barrels in 177 cal that are fitted to the RAW hm 1000x ? im waiting for my rifle to be shipped to the UK and just wanted to know wot the accuracy was like with pellets/diablos thanks.

I have this combo and both the original monsters and redesigned monsters in 13.43gr will produce 1/2" groups at 55 yards. I haven't shot further than this since I only use the rifle for FT.

Wow, you SCORED!!! That stock is gorgeous. The shroud looks like an AZ creation maybe???

Looks like an original RAW to me. At least I have seen the exact model before the HMx series & such. Personally like the titanium sleeved barrel but you could ( and still canf rom airgunsusa) get what you want. 

John

Wow, you SCORED!!! That stock is gorgeous. The shroud looks like an AZ creation maybe???

Looks like an original RAW to me. At least I have seen the exact model before the HMx series & such. Personally like the titanium sleeved barrel but you could ( and still canf rom airgunsusa) get what you want. 

John

Wasn’t aware raw ever did fully shrouded barrel? 

So I got this new laptop, and I was transfering my data from the old computer to the new. I was browsing my field target pictures, and low and behold, I found some pics from 2015 at a GOB field target match:

Martin watching shooters at the site in range...

IMG_8447.1646082630.JPG

Sandra shooting her TM1000 at the site-in range...

IMG_8450.1646082711.JPG

Martin watches on from behind Roz Sumpter (Roz's Hollow aka GOB) as Sandra ranges her target with her TM1000...

IMG_8453.1646082820.JPG

Legacy Raw Report?

HM1000Left_zpsurlm9jnz.1646278571.jpg
Raw 5 shot groups 48 yards_zpstftl0z5v.1646278571.jpg
Raw 230 Bar Fill Shot String 2 .1646278571.jpg

I'm considering letting this beauty go. I moved last July and no longer have an easy place to shoot it. The groups were shot at my old back yard range which maxed out at 48 yards, but it is deadly accurate well beyond that range. Martin custom built this one for me several years ago. I have the original invoice somewhere. The barrel is 2" shorter than the standard RAW HM barrel, but it will still easily and accurately make 40 ft/lbs. It was tuned by Martin about a year ago and has barely been out of its case since. It's by far the best air rifle I've owned, and I've owned most of them. I'm posting here rather than the classifieds because I haven't quite convinced myself to part with her. It currently has an Arken SH-4 Gen II scope on it (not the one pictured). If someone who appreciates original RAW quality and precision is interested in giving it a good home where it will see regular use, PM me and we can talk about it. Michael, if this is crossing the line by posting this in this forum please just delete it. 

Reactions: Barenger
I find it curious that most still refer to RAW’s as pre AirForce or not made by Martin? I just had a TM I ordered about a yr. Ago. They directed me to Sandra for questioning about stock and shroud and moderators CARBON FIBER or ALUMINUM because Martin no longer uses Ti shrouds this is also when I found out that they weren’t offering laminate stocks, if I wanted wood it would have to be Walnut. Also every TM or BM would have a thimble.

My question is, if Sandra had to talk to Martin and then get back with me or AirForce for these details, I believe “my gun” TM and BM’s anyway were still built and tested by Martin. Manual, boxing, receipt all looked the same as any other RAW I’ve purchased over the years.

I just bought a HM1000x and inquired about this and was told every gun goes through Martin’s hands for accuracy testing etc.