RAW REPORT

"Imold"Only a day away and the Blue RAW will come to life on paper.
When I got that Order Confirmation in my hot little hands, I almost framed it so I could stare at it every day!

One thing's that buggin' me at this point though. When I talked to Sandra yesterday, she told me that my stock will not be attached to the action until ready to ship; and that my action is sitting on the leak-test table, the ostensible last step before shipping. (My stock, which is otherwise finished, has been placed in the queue to have the Euro Rail installed.) She also told me that all the other testing and quality control procedures have been completed. Yet, in the RAW Factory Tour video, it showed Martin shooting the rifle at the range out to 100 yards with the customer stock already installed. Now, maybe there was simply a lack of communication between me and Sandra (she's English and I'm Sicilian!) and the real last step is the installation of the action and barrel in the stock and the range firing. Maybe it's the forensic accountant in me or my legal training, but I tend to overthink these things. But just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't really out there!

At any rate, she told me that she should ship sometime next week! If you think the Order Confirmation is great, wait until you get a UPS tracking number!

"Imold"Only a day away and the Blue RAW will come to life on paper.
OK, I solved the mystery of the quality control process. I just spoke with Sandra ostensibly about an order confirmation issue, and I raised the QC issue. Martin uses a dummy stock to test fire the rifles. Simple explanation. So, my rifle, sans stock, is resting comfortably on the leak-test table waiting patiently for the Euro Rail to be installed in my stock (which should happen this week). Then it's just a matter of attaching the stock to the action, boxin' 'er up, & performing the hand-off to the guy in brown!

Didn't I say something along that line awhile back,stock mated to action,looked over as part of quality control then wiped down,looked over again and boxed for shipping. Anyway ya just having a copy of the order will be exciting in its self. Heck I'm even going to buy mine it's own case even though I have 4 cases that would work for that length,think the RAW deserves its own,might get it a nice hard case instead of plastic.

"Imold"Didn't I say something along that line awhile back,stock mated to action,looked over as part of quality control then wiped down,looked over again and boxed for shipping. Anyway ya just having a copy of the order will be exciting in its self. Heck I'm even going to buy mine it's own case even though I have 4 cases that would work for that length,think the RAW deserves its own,might get it a nice hard case instead of plastic.
Yeah, you did say that, and that's exactly how it is. It should have dawned on me that a dummy stock is used for test firing, just like a surrogate vice is used for chrony testing. But, I have the attention span of a gnat. I have this thing that I do where I initially misinterpret something and then filter everything after that through that prism of misunderstanding. This causes stuff not to make sense to me down the line. Then it drives me nuts (and for me, that's a short trip) until I can straighten it out in my mind. But, I learn a heck of a lot that way.

I tried, rather extensively, to post a copy of my actual Confirmation Order, but for some reason it would not post. Even though it was in jpeg format, and the error message said it had to be in jpeg format. Go figure.

I am considering getting a nice hard-shell case as well. Both my Daystate Pulsar and FX Impact came with really nice hard-shell cases with foam cut-outs inside for all the implements of destruction. I am somewhat distressed that the RAWs just come in a freakin' corrugated fiberboard box! Jeesh, my RAW costs more than either my Pulsar or Impact; you'd think... oh well. I might just keep her in my Eberlestock Gunslinger II rifle scabbard/backpack; that thing costs more than a case.

At least you have a attention span,mine left me somewhere in the 70's. I seen that you posted the new order form but I have one question for you and that is....I didn't see a charge for the Euro rail mount or is that also included in the rifle price? I did see you now have the picatinny rail conversion listed for 35.00 witch is right but what about the Euro mount?
The only other things I'm adding to my order is the single shot tray for 12-13 bucks and the sling stud kit for the Euro mount for 15.00 so mine should be about 25 bucks more then yours,maybe a bit more if they charge to have the rear stock sling stud installed or for the Blue stock but other then that I see mine costing about 25 bucks more..

"Imold"At least you have a attention span,mine left me somewhere in the 70's. I seen that you posted the new order form but I have one question for you and that is....I didn't see a charge for the Euro rail mount or is that also included in the rifle price? I did see you now have the picatinny rail conversion listed for 35.00 witch is right but what about the Euro mount?
The only other things I'm adding to my order is the single shot tray for 12-13 bucks and the sling stud kit for the Euro mount for 15.00 so mine should be about 25 bucks more then yours,maybe a bit more if they charge to have the rear stock sling stud installed or for the Blue stock but other then that I see mine costing about 25 bucks more..
That's exactly the issue I called Sandra about today. (I really just wanted to inquire about the status of my order.) The most recent Confirmation Order info I posted reflects the updated data. The one I have now lists the Euro Rail at $52, yet there is a parenthetical stating that the cost is included in the cost of the rifle. (The rifle cost was also increased by $50, making the stated cost of the Euro Rail $102.) Sandra said this is in error and she will be sending me a corrected version this afternoon reflecting the data that I recently posted.

So, the cost of the Picatinny Rail conversion kit is $35, and the cost of the Euro Rail is $50. You can't beat that with a stick. Those milling machines are expensive and there are labor costs involved on top of the parts cost.

I was never a fan of the single-shot tray. It defeats the whole purpose of buying a magazine-fed weapon. Although it does come in handy for shooting ammo that will not fit in the mag, and it really bailed me out once with my Daystate Pulsar when her mag glitched. The Pulsar came with a single-shot tray, no extra cost. Man, I'm telling you, the RAWs are more expensive than the Pulsar and Impact per se, and every accessory costs extra. But, IMO, it's woth it.

"Mick-VA"Got my confirmation of June order - .25 60fpe LRT Grey laminate.

My .357 that I got in June is shooting well - but I have to fire up my mower while shooting it so I don't alarm my neighbors. ;-) Need to take it out to the range but I don't enjoy that as much with all the PB noise.
Man, Mick; i thought i was going hog wild with MY airgun thang! A RAW .25 AND a RAW .357?! Fuhgeddaboudit, ova hea!!

Yeah, my days of Chrony testing in the apartment are over! I was pushin' the envelope doing that with my FX Impact .30. I am a little concerned about the noise level of my new RAW .357, but I believe I'll be alright out in the field. (And before you mention all my comments about my P-Rod, Daystate Pulsar, FX Impact, and all the high-end NV scopes and spotters; I sold all that stuff to buy my RAW!)

I feel ya on the shooting range tip. I took my Impact once to a public range to Chrony test. I'll never do that again! It was a 20 mile drive. The PB next to me (only a 9mm pistol) knocked my readings off with every discharge. I had to pack up and go home. Plus, the best range I could find was only 25 yards and the so-called bench was so narrow, I couldn't even use a rifle rest. I had to use the pistol range because the 100 yard range was all booked up for months, and the police got priority. I love San Diego as a place to retire, but it pure-dee sux when it comes to the shooting arts!

Again, I wouldn't live anywhere else but San Diego at this stage of my life, but I really miss certain aspects of living in rural Pennsylvania like belonging to a private shooting club and the hundreds of acres of unencumbered happy hunting grounds!

"Mick-VA"Got my confirmation of June order - .25 60fpe LRT Grey laminate.

My .357 that I got in June is shooting well - but I have to fire up my mower while shooting it so I don't alarm my neighbors. ;-) Need to take it out to the range but I don't enjoy that as much with all the PB noise.
Now that right there shows you have issues, I mean when you need to start the mower hahaha now that right there is funny...

"Mick-VA"Can't believe you got rid of a perfectly good p-rod! How regrettable! That is one really good "low cost tool" that you should have kept. Apt quiet and cheap pellets!
Yeah, I'm really regretting it now. I even sprung for an RAI AR-15 folding stock and a NV scope. She was real bunny-buster! She was my first real hunting air rifle. She had a good sweet spot, too; and LOVED Polymags! Plus, I could fill her with a hand pump w/o breaking a sweat.

Cohorn is fun to shoot floating golf balls into the lake and retrieve them in the boat......OK.....let's see....
a627230fe7f7df402296761a1b4a252a.jpg