RAW REPORT

I finally got a chance to shoot the new HM1000x over the weekend. It's tuned to shoot at 19fpe and is set up for hunter field target. The JSB 10.3 pellets seem to be the most accurate. They produce 1/2" groups at 40 yards with no wind, shooting at 900fps. Does this sound about right? I was hoping for closer to 1/4" accuracy at this range.

My TM1000 in .177 shooting JSB 8.44gr at 795fps (just under 12 ft-lbs), will produce just under 1/4" groups at 55 yards. I can't overemphasize the importance of finding the right head size that produces best accuracy in your gun. I did lots of testing with AA, FX, and JSB pellets of different head sizes that I measured with a PelletGage before I found the best combination. I think you haven't found the best pellet yet.

Thanks for the info guys! I did find that the JSB original monster pellets are more accurate than the 10.3's, or at least more consistent. What I think I need to do is try some different speeds to see if that tightens up the groups.

Also, there hasn't been any shiny streaks on the patches, just the black. I definitely lose accuracy after 60 - 80 shots though???

Thanks for the info guys! I did find that the JSB original monster pellets are more accurate than the 10.3's, or at least more consistent. What I think I need to do is try some different speeds to see if that tightens up the groups.

Also, there hasn't been any shiny streaks on the patches, just the black. I definitely lose accuracy after 60 - 80 shots though???

I highly suggest that you sort your pellet tins by head size with a pelletgage. I believe you will be surprised by the spread of head sizes within a tin, and the resulting change in group size.

I am a bit amazed with the 18gr JSBs I have a 22 platform the pumps them out at 1140fps and they are still pretty accurate (no spiraling down range) 

My raw is a 25 with a poly hex barrel I wanted to get the 34gr king heavies up to 870-875 but it will not do it consistently no matter how i adjust my reg or set HST. After a few Mags it drops back down into the 850s and 860s.

I am a bit amazed with the 18gr JSBs I have a 22 platform the pumps them out at 1140fps and they are still pretty accurate (no spiraling down range) 

My raw is a 25 with a poly hex barrel I wanted to get the 34gr king heavies up to 870-875 but it will not do it consistently no matter how i adjust my reg or set HST. After a few Mags it drops back down into the 850s and 860s.

If you really want more power for your .25 you should contact Martin @ his custom shop! 

293 pages....sorry if this has been asked before. I have not read through the entire thread, and I can not figure out how to search an individual thread on here.

Thinking about ordering a custom HM1000x. Is there anyone I can talk to about what is possible/available for barrel/moderator configurations (besides Martin)? And more importantly, what is the best barrel configuration for my intended use?

Before you advise me to call Martin....I already have. He told me email is fine. So I emailed my starting list of questions (which was long). His response was to call. So I emailed when is a good time to call. I never received a response. He's obviously very busy.

It would be nice if there was a custom build list of available options somewhere (with all the options listed for each component that has options). Anyone know of one? I did find the RAW buyer's guide thread on here....but it's a 4 or 5 year old thread. Things could have changed a lot since then.

Martin is a VERY BUSY man! One of the guys on another forum spoke to Rachel at his custom shop the other day and Martin is helping him too. He has so many barrel/moderator options....someone here just recently received a custom TM with a Titanium LDC with baffles, that's the reason he wants to speak with you directly, he has so many options that I think he doesn't want to write them all out in an email and miss something!. So, no one but Martin himself knows what barrels he has on hand which are MANY. I think you should call again and tell whomever you speak with that Martin said himself to call....I believe you'll get a hold of him. Don't give up! Well worth speaking to the man. The quality of his rifles, the fit and finish, and accuracy are second to none. When I adjusted my hammer spring tension adjuster it felt like the adjuster was riding on bearings it moved so smoothly! TN Custom Shop Rachel (877) 247-4867 ext 105 or (817) 451-8966.

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know the OEM regulator set-point for the .25 caliber RAW HM100xLRT?

Likely 140 or 150 bar...

Kirk
RAW Red 2.1630508254.JPG

From what I understand, the current Airforce RAW's are all using the same plenum/block assembly (.357).

Does anyone know exactly when that started? Is this feature only found in post Airforce RAW's? Or do pre Airforce RAW's possibly have this? Better yet, after what serial number did this start?

And I guess the real question is, is it advantageous (or not) to have the .357 block for calibers other than .357?

From what I understand, the current Airforce RAW's are all using the same plenum/block assembly (.357).

Does anyone know exactly when that started? Is this feature only found in post Airforce RAW's? Or do pre Airforce RAW's possibly have this? Better yet, after what serial number did this start?

And I guess the real question is, is it advantageous (or not) to have the .357 block for calibers other than .357?

The advantage would be a larger plenum to work with which will give you more easy power in smaller calibers and possibly higher shot count. I have a RAW HM1000x LRT .22 with a conventional moderator and it works well. You could order a conventional LDC from Neil Clague also but Martin can make you one out of your choice of materials. Let him know that a quiet report is important. If you want the ultimate in quiet then AZ’s (Allen Zasadny) shroud is it.

I am not sure if the regulated chamber in new guns has been increased or not.

I understand that in previous models the block of .357 was different to allow a bigger magazine to fit in.

There was different width of other bores mags and .357 mag.

Now in order to save cost they have started making same width of mags and same blocks for all bores.

I am still not sure about the plenum size as I didn't examine a new one yet.

Any user having a new one can tell us.

Bhaur