RAW REPORT

618D3C6C-B993-49C2-ADAE-83B6E89DBD59.1609723439.jpeg
158790E0-0B91-43BC-ADB4-47E6D003FE4C.1609723441.jpeg
Sorting pellets tonight! 13.4’s different lots seeing what it might like? One lot stands out.

Out of 4 lots one might show promise?

Hey Guys,

Now the Christmas is over, I wonder how the New AF version RAW HM1000x's are selling?

I haven't heard of one person buying/receiving one lately😶?

I placed an order for a .22 with PA over the phone. Really helpful woman who assisted me with my order and when I ordered (about 2 weeks ago), she thought the rifle would be in stock around 1/27. However, I just noticed on PA's website that the availability on PA's page for the blue .22 HM1000X LRT is now 4/27. Whether that means I'll be waiting 3 months for my rifle or if perhaps my rifle will be ready before then, I don't know. I did email RAW about when rifles might be available through PA before I placed my order and was told to contact PA and ask them.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to receiving my order when it and the other items are in stock.

Hey Guys,

Now the Christmas is over, I wonder how the New AF version RAW HM1000x's are selling?

I haven't heard of one person buying/receiving one lately😶?

I placed an order for a .22 with PA over the phone. Really helpful woman who assisted me with my order and when I ordered (about 2 weeks ago), she thought the rifle would be in stock around 1/27. However, I just noticed on PA's website that the availability on PA's page for the blue .22 HM1000X LRT is now 4/27. Whether that means I'll be waiting 3 months for my rifle or if perhaps my rifle will be ready before then, I don't know. I did email RAW about when rifles might be available through PA before I placed my order and was told to contact PA and ask them.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to receiving my order when it and the other items are in stock.

I would call Ken Hick's of SPAW and see if he had one in stock for you. He might be able to switch the big can for a conventional carbon fiber one, he is able to switch the offset ones for the conventional...I have one from him. He will also tune it to your specs, speed and trigger before sending FYI. Here is a 4 shot group from my modest 20yd range from my Ken slightly de tuned HMx LRT .22 slinging 18gr @ 950fps. Bipod no rear rest. I’m not a great shot, this RAW makes even me look good! LOL!

A638C1C0-5D23-4DB6-ADCF-B94E8FFEBF45.1611619610.jpeg

Thanks for the suggestion, Ranchibi. If I can't get my order filled through PA (who've treated me well in the past), I'll look to SPAW. I have seen their website.

I'm curious to see (hear) how well the new Acoustic Baffle system works on the RAW. According to what I've seen and read from RAW, the Acoustic Baffle is being used on all rifles produced since early/mid December of 2020. That means that the rifle I receive would have that system installed.

Good shooting with your RAW. I wish you many great hours of enjoyment with it.

Thanks for the suggestion, Ranchibi. If I can't get my order filled through PA (who've treated me well in the past), I'll look to SPAW. I have seen their website.

I'm curious to see (hear) how well the new Acoustic Baffle system works on the RAW. According to what I've seen and read from RAW, the Acoustic Baffle is being used on all rifles produced since early/mid December of 2020. That means that the rifle I receive would have that system installed.

Good shooting with your RAW. I wish you many great hours of enjoyment with it.

You're very welcome! Yes, all the new RAW's have the bigger LDC...should make it quiet! And thank you, I do enjoy shooting mine daily if possible. I hope you get yours sooner than later! 

I finally got a chance to shoot the new HM1000x over the weekend. It's tuned to shoot at 19fpe and is set up for hunter field target. The JSB 10.3 pellets seem to be the most accurate. They produce 1/2" groups at 40 yards with no wind, shooting at 900fps. Does this sound about right? I was hoping for closer to 1/4" accuracy at this range.

I really wanted the Monsters to work out but they fell apart past 30 yards. I've found that the groups open up from 1/2" at 30 yards to well over 1" at 40 yards. Through the scope, it looks like they become unstable and start to spiral. This is with them shooting right at 800fps. I just think this is too slow for a poly barrel.

I have one question about the poly barrels, as this is my first one. The crown appears to be totally rounded off, and not sharp like a normal rifled barrel. Is this normal?

Thanks.

RAW HM1000x - Final w Rev Mod.1616435971.jpg

I finally got a chance to shoot the new HM1000x over the weekend. It's tuned to shoot at 19fpe and is set up for hunter field target. The JSB 10.3 pellets seem to be the most accurate. They produce 1/2" groups at 40 yards with no wind, shooting at 900fps. Does this sound about right? I was hoping for closer to 1/4" accuracy at this range.

I really wanted the Monsters to work out but they fell apart past 30 yards. I've found that the groups open up from 1/2" at 30 yards to well over 1" at 40 yards. Through the scope, it looks like they become unstable and start to spiral. This is with them shooting right at 800fps. I just think this is too slow for a poly barrel.

I have one question about the poly barrels, as this is my first one. The crown appears to be totally rounded off, and not sharp like a normal rifled barrel. Is this normal?

Thanks.

As with all airguns, finding the right pellet and the pellet with the right head size will provide the greatest accuracy. I would suggest using a Pelletgage to measure the head sizes of your pellets and separate them respectively. Then shoot groups with each head size to determine which is the most accurate. I find that in my TM1000 larger measured head sizes result in the smallest groups.

Your groups will tighten up the more you shoot it. You are correct about the non choked poly barrels liking speed. Mine is a .22 and I had it tuned to shoot the JSB 18gr @ 880fps but groups were good but not great...bumped the speed up to 950fps and it luvs this speed with these pellets and groups tightened up. Yours is new so give it time for the regulator and barrel to settle in...just keep shooting it!

I think I've finally got the RAW dialed in. I found out that shooting the Original Monsters at 800fps are more accurate than the 10'3s at 900fps. However, I have to clean the barrel after every 60 - 100 shots in order to maintain the accuracy. I would have thought that the poly barrels would be less likely to fowl up??? Below are a few examples of what I'm getting.

After 60 shots 10.3s  900fps.1617377691.jpg

After 60 shots 13.43s  800fps.1617377700.jpg

Also, I get quite a bit of muzzle jump after a shot. (There is no muzzle jump if I fire the rifle without a pellet.) Is there a way to reduce this? Does it mean that too much air is being used? I'd be surprised if this is the case because the hammer spring is set soooo light. I barely feel any tension when cocking the rifle. It does slightly affect accuracy. I get noticeably better groups if the rifle is barely supported as opposed to a medium or firm grip on the rifle. Just curious...

I think I've finally got the RAW dialed in. I found out that shooting the Original Monsters at 800fps are more accurate than the 10'3s at 900fps. However, I have to clean the barrel after every 60 - 100 shots in order to maintain the accuracy. I would have thought that the poly barrels would be less likely to fowl up??? Below are a few examples of what I'm getting.

After 60 shots 10.3s  900fps.1617377691.jpg

After 60 shots 13.43s  800fps.1617377700.jpg

Also, I get quite a bit of muzzle jump after a shot. (There is no muzzle jump if I fire the rifle without a pellet.) Is there a way to reduce this? Does it mean that too much air is being used? I'd be surprised if this is the case because the hammer spring is set soooo light. I barely feel any tension when cocking the rifle. It does slightly affect accuracy. I get noticeably better groups if the rifle is barely supported as opposed to a medium or firm grip on the rifle. Just curious...

Glad you got it figured out! I had my poly barrel polished and after 5 tins the patches look like yours after 60 shots. Are you removing the barrel when cleaning it....if not, then that could be dust, paint or debris from the moderator. And, yes, poly barrels lands are smoother so there should be less cleaning to do than regular grooved barrels. especially if shooting them slower as you are plus there is no choke. I hold my RAW snug when I shoot as I like to be compact, elbow in, more comfortable to me.

Not sure if Martin polishes the barrels. The Airgun Channel guy Kaylandy ran patches through his new HMx in his video review of his .22 Chassis model and it was a little dirty....I know mine was polished with non marring JB bore paste. Check the barrel polishing video by Orion the iguana guy, he posted one here awhile back on how to do it and with what paste, mops etc...

Hey Green-Y,

I normally polish all my barrels when new with 400 grit clover/patch and a jag - about 10 back and forth's in the barrel. Then do about 20 back and forth's with JB paste. Any future cleaning can be done with weed whacker line and patches w/Goo Gone. No need to scrub the barrel more than once, after that simple patch cleaning should do it.