RAW REPORT

I think I may have my new favourite gun..

I have been a theoben rapid fan for years but I have had my eye on a RAW for some time now, a few months ago I managed to lay my hands on a nice RAW HM1000x in .25 calibre.

5632BE1E-4BC0-420F-902D-632A4AB7BEA8.1600964928.jpeg

I only shoot sub 12fpe so I have no need for a .25 so swapped out the barrel for a .22 fx stx liner that I modified to fit the RAW, then I fitted a carbon 2 stage shroud, Very quiet, very accurate but despite loosing a fair amount of weight it was still hefty.

t
9C39993B-F00E-4D41-9A5F-FD465C4B5670.1600965176.jpeg

By chance I managed to acquire a nice theoben MFR stock that I slightly altered to fit the RAW action. Not wanting to cut the stock for a qf a s guage, (i know that some will think I am crazy) I swapped out the RAW reg for a theoben MFR reg, MFR 280cc bottle, (yes shot count is less but still in the hundreds and filling a MRF bottle is no chore) then made some modifications to the internals including better valve, lighter hammer and an SSG device,.While I was at it I fitted a .20 Lother Walther barrel and a custom carbon mod.

ECDF779B-8B7F-441E-8229-C46C6C8B8D69.1600965559.jpeg
098DA02D-6A59-410C-95E7-277F95E5AFF9.1600965559.jpeg

My RAW was good before but sooo much better now, smoother, quieter, lighter, shorter, more comfortable and stupidly accurate....I really, really like this gun.

Bb

Congratulations BB! Beautiful! Nice mods on your new HMx! Do you have a FAC license? I think you’d enjoy shooting it that way! Either way, it’s a shooter...enjoy!

Thanks.

I did have an fac but chose to let it lapse, high power does have some advantages like extended range and flatter trajectory but it has more disadvantages, More noise, higher air usage, more vibration, greater cocking effort and you have to be much more conscious of your surroundings to ensure you are shooting safely. 

It can at times be a bit frustrating shooting at sub12fpe but I have one of my .177 rapids tuned to shoot at only 9fpe, at 25 yards it is insanely accurate, hardly uses any air and ridiculously quiet, cocking the gun and the indexing of the magazine has a higher dB reading than the muzzle report.

Bb

Congratulations BB! Beautiful! Nice mods on your new HMx! Do you have a FAC license? I think you’d enjoy shooting it that way! Either way, it’s a shooter...enjoy!

Thanks.

I did have an fac but chose to let it lapse, high power does have some advantages like extended range and flatter trajectory but it has more disadvantages, More noise, higher air usage, more vibration, greater cocking effort and you have to be much more conscious of your surroundings to ensure you are shooting safely. 

It can at times be a bit frustrating shooting at sub12fpe but I have one of my .177 rapids tuned to shoot at only 9fpe, at 25 yards it is insanely accurate, hardly uses any air and ridiculously quiet, cocking the gun and the indexing of the magazine has a higher dB reading than the muzzle report.

Bb

I understand your thinking! I have a 12ft/lb PRod that has more than enough power to take out large opossums. I have a friend who owns a very large property where we pest out to 150yds this is where my full power LRT shines. I’m glad you at least had a FAC license! Air is no issue for me as Joe B’s shop is exactly one mile from me to fill my Great White. I just am so glad to have gotten one of Martin’s Tennessee LRT’s, it shoots as advertised! BB, just a thank you for you generously sharing all your valuable knowledge on these incredible platforms, much appreciated! Stay safe out there!

Thought I would let everyone know that I just received my new TM-1000 on the 23rd. And it was built by Martin personally in TN. and shipped by Sandra! This gun was ordered through AirForce with communications between Rachel and Martin personally.

It’s a beautiful Walnut thumb hole target/Ft stock (will take pics once scope is mounted and thru the holidays) Anxious to shoot it!

I know a lot of members are concerned about quality and performance. I can assure you Martin is still the man behind the gun!

Thought I would let everyone know that I just received my new TM-1000 on the 23rd. And it was built by Martin personally in TN. and shipped by Sandra! This gun was ordered through AirForce with communications between Rachel and Martin personally.

It’s a beautiful Walnut thumb hole target/Ft stock (will take pics once scope is mounted and thru the holidays) Anxious to shoot it!

I know a lot of members are concerned about quality and performance. I can assure you Martin is still the man behind the gun!

Oh YEAH! Definitely worth the wait! Enjoy 😊.

That's great to hear, Nomojo! I've recently 're-invested' in my HM1000X by buying an Alkin compressor, and upgrading the optics from my Hawke Sidewinder FFP to an Athlon Cronus (still haven't mounted it yet). I thought this thread had been deleted or something, LOL. Glad to see everyone's still here...

I should add: I'm pondering adding a custom .20 cal HM1000 in the future similar to the other one in this thread, so I'm glad to hear that Martin is still involved in making the 'custom jobs' when the need arises...

Sean

Lastly, I pretty much have all the bugs worked out on my RAW HM1000x .22 caliber and have decided upon a regulator set-point of only 102 bar. This set-point allows me to get 160+ shots at 920 fps and a low ES w/SSG.

The only thing that's been a pain is air leakage around the bottle and quick fill system. Bottle removal pretty much eats o-rings and the quick fill valve is prone to either leak or not allow filling. The two o-rings on the quick fill body also seem to be suspect.

Just ordered 100 of so of each just to abate the issue .............

Yeah Guys,

I saw on the RAW website that custom gun's can still be ordered as you desire.

My original post was in regards to the newest RAW/AF version with the hideous moderator. I hadn't seen anyone post about buying one for awhile...

My coworker's son was advised to get an air rifle to prepare and practice for centerfire shooting competitions. So we talked a bit, I had them over to shoot my RAW, and he ended up buying one of the new ones with the new RAW chassis and the new moderator. He's been very pleased with it so far. I'll see if I can post a photo of his rifle so you can see what he received. I'm sure the new moderators work much better than the original ones, despite being huge. He also went with a .25 caliber.