RAW REPORT

mtnGhost, I believe all x actions are now based on the .357 “larger action” and I believe the action opening is larger in that action? So this would require the larger/wider single shot tray, just something to check on, I’m sure Ken Hicks, ,Airforce or Mark Buchanan can verify this

Yes, this is correct, I spoke with @mtnGhost on the phone yesterday and confirmed that. Martin is running a batch of wider single shot trays here in the next couple weeks as soon as we get caught up a little and we are going to get them out to folks. 

~Cameron

mtnGhost, I believe all x actions are now based on the .357 “larger action” and I believe the action opening is larger in that action? So this would require the larger/wider single shot tray, just something to check on, I’m sure Ken Hicks, ,Airforce or Mark Buchanan can verify this

Yes, this is correct, I spoke with @mtnGhost on the phone yesterday and confirmed that. Martin is running a batch of wider single shot trays here in the next couple weeks as soon as we get caught up a little and we are going to get them out to folks. 

~Cameron

Is there only difference in the width of slot of .357 and .25 or there is also a difference in volume of regulated chamber between the two?

Another trick one can use is that of sacrificing some the regulators "Screw In" distance and place a set back spacer w/end o-rings over the male threads.

This pulls some of the regulator out of the plenum space increasing usable volume.

* I have seen this done by Alan Z (AZ ) on the original Theobens quite a few times. ... so just an FYI on this practice.

Another trick one can use is that of sacrificing some the regulators "Screw In" distance and place a set back spacer w/end o-rings over the male threads.

This pulls some of the regulator out of the plenum space increasing usable volume.

* I have seen this done by Alan Z (AZ ) on the original Theobens quite a few times. ... so just an FYI on this practice.

Thanks sir,

But my main objective is more consistent regulator that could handle higher pressure on high pressure side.

Getting more regulated chamber is just a bonus.

X models chamber is already good enough. 

OK ... Now I'm not sure what RAW is using on the regulator seats in recent years ? ... On my personal FT gun a TM-1000 had removed and updated the reg seat from the supplied delrin/ acetal material to PEEK. Doing so the regulators set point tightened up and suffers no fatigue over time as well can handle higher pressure bearing upon it.

O-rings within the reg are now ALL Urethane 70 duro cast which also help with fatigue, tho do take a set faster requiring more R&R intervals.

What one needs to understand is HOW HIGH PRESSURE changes the shape of an o-ring within the gland/groove it occupies. They Do Not stay round getting crushed against the opposing side of the pressure. Static applications are one thing, but a regulators Dynamic motion of the spool gets a whole lot tougher to deal with as pressure increase !!

There is no free lunch here either .... Cause & effect still come into play sadly.

Scott S

Reactions: cavedweller
OK ... Now I'm not sure what RAW is using on the regulator seats in recent years ? ... On my personal FT gun a TM-1000 had removed and updated the reg seat from the supplied delrin/ acetal material to PEEK. Doing so the regulators set point tightened up and suffers no fatigue over time as well can handle higher pressure bearing upon it.

O-rings within the reg are now ALL Urethane 70 duro cast which also help with fatigue, tho do take a set faster requiring more R&R intervals.

What one needs to understand is HOW HIGH PRESSURE changes the shape of an o-ring within the gland/groove it occupies. They Do Not stay round getting crushed against the opposing side of the pressure. Static applications are one thing, but a regulators Dynamic motion of the spool gets a whole lot tougher to deal with as pressure increase !!

There is no free lunch here either .... Cause & effect still come into play sadly.

Scott S

Agreed

Re-engineering the RAW rifles again, are we? I'm sure that the manufacturer (Martin) has taken a lot of these factors into consideration when producing his rifles. Yes, I'm sure there are compromises in their design, just like there are compromises in the design of automobiles and aircraft. It takes lots of testing to ensure a design change accomplishes what you want, but in each change, you may lose in other areas. Sometimes tinkerers stumble upon a simple improvement and I hope that the manufacturers listen to you guys-I'm sure they do. I certainly would like to see more efficient and consistent regulators resulting in better accuracy and more shots per fill. No one has come up with a perfect one yet. FX still has problems with creep. These mechanical gadgets can cause lotsa headaches.

Re-engineering the RAW rifles again, are we? I'm sure that the manufacturer (Martin) has taken a lot of these factors into consideration when producing his rifles. Yes, I'm sure there are compromises in their design, just like there are compromises in the design of automobiles and aircraft. It takes lots of testing to ensure a design change accomplishes what you want, but in each change, you may lose in other areas. Sometimes tinkerers stumble upon a simple improvement and I hope that the manufacturers listen to you guys-I'm sure they do. I certainly would like to see more efficient and consistent regulators resulting in better accuracy and more shots per fill. No one has come up with a perfect one yet. FX still has problems with creep. These mechanical gadgets can cause lotsa headaches.

Nothing is perfect. There is always room for improvement but normally at higher cost and out of the box thinking. 

Indeed some of us do Re-engineering portions of our guns with RAW being no exception. While from the outside my personal TM-1000 looks stock enough tho many exterior add on's, but get inside and it is by actual parts in play something far different. While OEM trigger group & regulator are there, parts & pieces changed there as well.

Firing system from the Hammer, Spring and valve / poppet itself along with transfer path mods are all Custom One-off parts creating a completely different feel and shot cycle over the stock components.

Can you make a better RAW ? ..... ABSOLUTELY !! no doubt in my mind & actual results with said modified RAW that backs it up.

LONG LIVE the tinkerer !!!

Reactions: cavedweller
Picked up a very nice RAW HM1000x .30 today. I went to check it out at the range and at 100 m we were just killin with it. Now I definitely have to sell a couple of my guns. The herd is getting too big for the cabinet. I'll try to send pics of the gun tomorrow. I ran out of daylight.

1555470312_3293952515cb697e8ef36f5.07380547_2019-04-16 21.27.28.jpg

Thanks sir,

But my main objective is more consistent regulator that could handle higher pressure on high pressure side.

What pressure level are you targeting?

I "think" mine is set now to around 164-166 bar, I can't say for sure, since the tester that I bought won't thread (working on a plan B for that issue now). One thing that I have seen both before and after I adjusted the reg, my first shot after a fill comes out hot, like 15-17fps faster than the mean average of all the following shots. I think my reg just needs to break in for a while though, but I'd like to run it around or just under 170bar.

Thanks sir,

What pressure level are you targeting?

I "think" mine is set now to around 164-166 bar, I can't say for sure, since the tester that I bought won't thread (working on a plan B for that issue now). One thing that I have seen both before and after I adjusted the reg, my first shot after a fill comes out hot, like 15-17fps faster than the mean average of all the following shots. I think my reg just needs to break in for a while though, but I'd like to run it around or just under 170bar.

What I mean is that RAW guns give good spread if you fill them to recommended pressure that is 230 bars.

With an after market regulator I can fill the bottle upto 250 bars without any doubt of variation in consistency. 

On my HM 1000x .30, do I need mid or Hi rings to clear my magazines? I'm trying to order some rings online and I don't know which to get.

Crusher

Place a straight edge on top of the Mag ... Measure distance to the Rail.

That figure is a MINIMUM

nearly all ring manufactures on there web site will list what the rail to saddle height is.