RAW REPORT

Hey Sean, I recall you mentioning some time ago about getting a Rowan Engineering trigger from SPAW. Did you have Ken install it on a new gun? Did it help with comfort, consistent finger placement etc. My new TM1000 should ship from Ken when he gets home (EBR) and I've been giving the Rowan some thought. Uj

If I may respond, I have the Rowan trigger that I got from Ken on my HM1000X. It make a very noticeable difference over the factory blade. Makes it a lot more comfortable to put it exactly where you need it and at the proper orientation for my hand. 

I second what zx10wall said about the trigger blade assembly. I have smaller hands so having the ability to move the blade closer to the palm rest was definitely a nice adjustment (the Rowan unit allows about a 1/4" movement of the blade rearward, towards the butt of the gun). Being able to angle it around the post helps to get a good position on the meat of your fingertip also.

One note about setting up the weight, etc to adjust the trigger after installing the Rowan unit: you have to install the unit into the action and actually cock the gun as a whole to really get a feel for how the trigger will break and to assess how it feels. I made the mistake of thinking I couldn't get it adjusted by playing with trigger assembly out of the action and making adjustments there before actually putting it in the gun, cocking the action (and holding the lever to allow it to be decocked) to see how it performed.

Sean

So i Just got these blue anodized scope screws from Spec Point Concepts and i must say they make the Blue Beast look just a little sharper.Tom Himes the proprietor shoots field target in my club Northeast Ohio Airgunners and is a awesome shot and great guy! So if you want to make your RAW look a little sharper this is a cheap way to do it.I know they have other colors as well...just thought id pass this on.

Is there’s some good info somewhere on adjusting the reg on a RAW 1000X ???

Here is an old picture of a Rapid reg. You hold the piston at the end and you tighten the nut for more pressure or loosen for less. Turning clockwise (tightening) compresses the belleville washers thus increasing pressure. CC does the opposite. Make very small adjustments and then test.

1540135401_7973688765bcc99e91a89e5.96464645_7A03D489-3D62-49E7-9FAD-D0F6D7A8F455.jpeg

Thanks for the info, I have a HM1000X in .30 cal that was sent back and a extra barrel was fitted in .22. When I got it ,it was shooting 18.13 @ 820 fps with hammer spring maxed out. I want to get it up to shooting redesigned monsters @940 or so......I have been turning in the nut on the reg as is shown and have got to 815 with the monsters, can I just keep tightening the nut until I get there??

Thanks for the info, I have a HM1000X in .30 cal that was sent back and a extra barrel was fitted in .22. When I got it ,it was shooting 18.13 @ 820 fps with hammer spring maxed out. I want to get it up to shooting redesigned monsters @940 or so......I have been turning in the nut on the reg as is shown and have got to 815 with the monsters, can I just keep tightening the nut until I get there??

You can keep adjusting the reg and hammer spring. I wouldn’t max the hammer spring out! That can damage the spring. You may not be able to get those Monsters up to that speed. From what I understand, the .22 HP is a different animal. You can’t just change a .30 barrel for a .22 and achieve what you going for. RAW has been clear that other modifications need to be completed. I can assume what those modifications are but I don’t know for certain. 

Geezz, what next, now bottle is stuck on the regulator. Partly undone, it popped, regulator is out of the action ,gauge reads zero, but bottle will not come off or go back on....any ideas, not cross threaded

Hope you got it by now. If not, thread the reg and bottle back on action. Now hold reg secure with wrench and unthread the bottle. 

That doesn’t look or sound good! You must have some damaged threads there. At this point it’s hard to advise on what to do. 

I’d clip the bottle oring off and try to screw that bottle back on. If you can do that, it should bleed all the air off the bottle making things more safe. 

Something looks to have gone wrong and getting that pressure bled off will allow you or someone else to safely inspect things further.

This is not possible without sending your action to RAW for milling, for extended reg chamber.