RAW REPORT

As per my calculation it should be around 6.5mmx 4.5 mm

I can hit and try and can gradually increase it but if someone could measure it for me, it will save time.

Thank you not sure what your asking i have a hi power 22 on order its going to be a few months i have no problem waiting when its done im sure it will be nice ,,still saving for it ,its gonna be nice

As per my calculation it should be around 6.5mmx 4.5 mm

I can hit and try and can gradually increase it but if someone could measure it for me, it will save time.

Thank you not sure what your asking i have a hi power 22 on order its going to be a few months i have no problem waiting when its done im sure it will be nice ,,still saving for it ,its gonna be nice

Dear sir, 

I have sent you a private message through inbox.

Regards,

Umair Bhaur 

Atom brand air rifle doesnt really exist outside it's homeland and isnt actually in what most would call production. Seems to be an action then they purchase all needed parts, triggers, barrels, other to assemble a rilfe. If you wanted you could do the same to many actions and still beat the price. If you really feel the need for this action & that trigger with a stock & bling from 2 other makers you might contact AZ or such and have one built up for just a bit less money.

Now if your local to them what with the exchange rate and all it might be worth trying to get one.

John

John,

I’ve heard those comments before but suspect they aren’t really accurate-here’s why...

I don’t believe one can simply take a RAW, Theoben, or other similar action and simply bolt up an Anschutz 5065 4k trigger to it and have it work-the catch location of the trigger needs to be designed to meet up with the mating location on the action itself. This all happens before we even start talking about fitting the stock over that subassembly.

Please, if you KNOW that I’m incorrect let me know-because I would be the first in line to drop $500 on that Anschutz trigger to drop it in to my RAW.

Allen (and others) are good at massaging designs, but that is all after the overall design work to make all the parts work together is complete. Further, in addition to those comments, I have personally discussed this topic with Martin directly (since that is what i want) and he doesn’t even know what it would take to make that setup work (or even it if it CAN work).

Sean

Just saying but I don’t mess with triggers anymore because of my nerve damage plus I need to have a bit harder pull so I can feel it with my numb finger ers but can’t a person spend some time and polish the trigger parts with compound like we can do with the Glock and AR to get a smoother pull without spending the money on drop in trigger assemblies. I have never really looked at the trigger assembly in any of my airguns so I don’t know if that’s a option or not and I don’t plan to being I really can’t do anything to them except increase or decrease poundage and travel, that’s as far as I go now with triggers.

I need to leave all the tinkering up to you guys and go from there.

Just saying but I don’t mess with triggers anymore because of my nerve damage plus I need to have a bit harder pull so I can feel it with my numb finger ers but can’t a person spend some time and polish the trigger parts with compound like we can do with the Glock and AR to get a smoother pull without spending the money on drop in trigger assemblies. I have never really looked at the trigger assembly in any of my airguns so I don’t know if that’s a option or not and I don’t plan to being I really can’t do anything to them except increase or decrease poundage and travel, that’s as far as I go now with triggers.

I need to leave all the tinkering up to you guys and go from there.

Thanks for the comments on the topic Jim. I do need to preface my comments above, and any following to be very clear on one point: the current RAW trigger is a very good trigger, and can be adjusted to be a very well functioning trigger indeed-fully up to the tasks of the shooter. With that said, the difference between the RAW trigger and an Anschutz can be noticed (primarily in creep at the point of seer release) by someone who's shot thousands of rounds through an Anschutz, shooting 10m practice and matches. I made similar comments to Mark B when I met him last month at his place near Phoenix and he at first was insistent upon the fact that the RAW trigger could be adjusted to be the same as an Anschutz. He pulled out his Tubb gun for me to play with, and feel-pointing out the fact that it has an actual Anschutz trigger (5018 variant for centerfire rifles-perhaps the 5100 version, not sure). The weight of the Anschutz was set higher than the RAW trigger, but in either case, when I challenged him to sit there and really evaluate the creep, he backed off the claim just a little. We both agreed that the RAW trigger is INDEED a very fine trigger-Martin's done a great job with it. But the literal glass like break from holding at the second stage to *zero movement, fall off the cliff* break of the Anschutz trigger was notable when splitting hairs.

Yep, I'm a trigger snob-fine, I can handle that. But I've also spent countless hours with an Anschutz on my shoulder, enjoying the glass-break of that trigger-it's basically haunting how good it is. If I could pay money to get that experience into my RAW, I don't think I could find anything else that I would ever want in an air rifle.

And yes, to answer the first question that will be asked: yes, I DO notice that slight, tiny amount of creep in my RAW occasionally-most times, I just ignore it and it's fine for shooting. Other times (and at different temps), I have paused, mid-shot, and noticed I'm right in the middle of the creep I'm describing. Yep, I've adjusted it back and forth-a lot and can't get it fully gone (without making the trigger seer unstable-like losing the wall).

I can deal with a higher trigger pull weight-no problem. But I really want that glass like break as the seer releases with absolutely zero movement (none whatsoever) that an Anschutz gives.

But I digress.

I say all the above because 90+% of the shooters in this thread (Mark included, I'm certain) will simply say the RAW trigger is good enough. I am one of those snobs who does notice the difference, and would pay money to get 'the real thing'.

I hope that context is helpful...

Sean

what i would like to know ,ia when you follow RAWS face book page ,at one time they had ANSCHULTS triggers for sale ,,the caption read found a box of triggers they were ANSCHULTS while cleaning ,something like that,,i could be wrong and will find out ,im almost certain theese triggers were used in more than 100 RAW rifles HYNZIE

There was a version of the Theoben guns that used one of the lower level lines of Anschutz trigger (not the infamous 5018 or the newer 5065 or 5065-4k that I'm speaking of). I haven't used the lower level version personally, but do know that it doesn't have all the trigger blade adjustments of the top-level trigger units I'm referring to.

Martin was clearing out old inventory from way back in the Theoben days (while he was still in the UK). That's what that was all about.

I don't think manufacturers want to use the Anschutz triggers because they drive up the cost of the gun a LOT. Even Thomas has now gone away from the Anschutz trigger in favor of their own design.

Sean

Look, I don't want to put the excellent trigger in a RAW in any sort of negative light guys. Compared to other triggers I've shot (CZ 452 Rimfires, for example) the RAW trigger is WAY closer to an Anshcutz than one of those triggers is. However-it is NOT equivalent-and you DO get something for the money. I actually am getting to the point of not liking talking about it because I will come off as a snob, prick, or other negative adjective by being honest about it.

Now, if you want to compare a Feinwerkbau, Steyr, and Anschutz triggers and discuss which is best-I'll stay out of that discussion (even though I've owned a Steyr and Anschutz) as that's splitting hairs even too fine for me to discuss and defend honestly-they're all phenomenal triggers...

I must say the trigger on My HMx .30 is really smooth and nicer then my HMx 357 but then I’m at a disadvantage with my nerve issues so it’s really hard for me to feel the wall from 1st to fire but if I could have all my triggers set up like the HMx 30 and my Savage 12 LRP I’d be one happy camper, heck even a couple of my crossbows have real nice triggers.