RAW REPORT

DeutschKSK

I am hoping to have a custom 1/2” unf Adapter made so I can attach a Donny. The rifle is a little loud for my likings and the neighbors notice when I shoot. 

——————

the offset moderator is not as not as straight forward as you will have the rear black plastic moderator cuff still attached.

i would see if Ken has any solutions as he was working on moderators with Donny. Ken is at SPAW a forum vendor.

My apologies for not realizing this is THE place for all things RAW. I recently became the proud owner of a TM1000 .177 in a red/black laminate BM stock. I started a thread titled "Oh Happy Day" in this forum when I should have just posted here. Anyway, there's pictures there and a description of my experiences with the rifle so far if you're interested.

Meantime, the one and only issue I have with the TM is it's loud with the standard titanium ported shroud. So I've been in touch with Ken Hicks, and he says he can add a moderator pretty easily. I'm not sure which moderator, but I trust Ken's judgement. So as soon as he gets his hands on whatever parts he needs for the job, I'll send him my barrel/shroud for the upgrade. He says the job shouldn't take more than a day or so. With that in mind, I'd like to second Sell682's advice.

Once I get the moderated barrel onboard, I'll report back here.

My apologies for not realizing this is THE place for all things RAW. I recently became the proud owner of a TM1000 .177 in a red/black laminate BM stock. I started a thread titled "Oh Happy Day" in this forum when I should have just posted here. Anyway, there's pictures there and a description of my experiences with the rifle so far if you're interested.

Meantime, the one and only issue I have with the TM is it's loud with the standard titanium ported shroud. So I've been in touch with Ken Hicks, and he says he can add a moderator pretty easily. I'm not sure which moderator, but I trust Ken's judgement. So as soon as he gets his hands on whatever parts he needs for the job, I'll send him my barrel/shroud for the upgrade. He says the job shouldn't take more than a day or so. With that in mind, I'd like to second Sell682's advice.

Once I get the moderated barrel onboard, I'll report back here.

hey rew crow do you have a link to that thread oh happys days?

Aa_limited, It's here https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/oh-happy-day/

Deutsch, I agree. It's certainly quieter that a .22 rimfire, and I can shoot comfortably without hearing protection. BUT.... I have the original prototype of the Neighbor From Hell living on the same side of the house as my one lane 25M 'range'. This waste of skin once called the police on me for 'throwing spider eggs' in his yard. (?!) The police were suitably amused by this, but weren't quite ready to 5150 him. When I confronted him over it, he came after me with a baseball bat.Seriously. The man hasn't a clue how to use a contact weapon properly, so I put a quick end to that little adventure. That said, I have no desire to arouse whatever daemons he's dealing with.

So yeah, a moderator is pretty much a requisite anytime I want to put a few down range but don't have the ambition to load up the car and head to the local range.

Back to matters at hand... I just talked it over with Ken around the end of last week. Haven't heard back from him yet. I'm not exactly clear whose moderator or how he plans to adapt it to the existing shroud. Next time I talk to him, I'll get more in the way of details.He's earned my trust (and that of many others) so I'm looking forward to seeing what he comes up with. I asked if he had any pictures. No such luck, but he promised it'd "look cool" :)

Trust me, my friend, I feel your pain. I'm very lucky to have what was a very nice public range all of 8 miles from my house. For a variety of reasons, mostly having to do with county government, that range is now limited to airgun and rim fire use on only one out of what were 5 public center fire ranges. And that's only open 3 days a week. Hence the need to shoot at home occasionally. So.... It's going to be very interesting to see what Ken comes up with.

Hey guys I was sitting here and I realized I never showed you my tall golf tee paintball targets that I made this last spring for a challenging shot so here is a pic.

1531278037_2556670235b4572d5e046d0.41255625_C14FB1BD-E8DC-42A6-9D14-E221B61C58BA.jpeg

So, I found a guy (no I'm not telling you who until I decide ) that has a HM1000x .30 cal for sale with either the BM or LRT stock. Buyer's choice. He says it has been gone over and is perfect or Like new. He is asking $1500 for this 1 year old gun. Is that a good deal? Isn't this gun about $2200 new?

Crusher

Yep, that's a good deal! I would buy it with both stocks too! 

redcrow

Ken assures me the addition of a moderator won't affect accuracy. I put a lot of trust in him, but like you, I'm just the teeniest bit nervous. Right now, the rifle is a serious shooter, and I very much want to keep it that way. Since my TM was originally bought through Ken back in April, I'm sure he'll take good care of it.

i shot next to a TM with the shroud in NY, he shot a 250-21x, highest score ive witnessed.. whisper quiet