RAW REPORT

I did a little bit of retaining wall pest control this afternoon myself. First up, 20 yards, kneeling shot placed right beneath the ear (.25 cal, 62 fpe, JSB Mk I pellets):

(Edit: removed pictures due to graphic content)

Next up: standing shot @ 17 yards with a very, very narrow shooting lane through the brush to see my target. Ended up being an eye shot...

(Edit: removed pictures due to graphic content)

Sean

The demons never sleep Jim. I'm nervous as heck knowing that my .30 will be very soon. That will mean that I have no guns on order. Over the last year I have been waiting on at least 1 of 3 of the Raws that will complete (I think) my run on them.

I'm guessing next will be a .30 cal in a gun that will accept a Donny FL device and be a bit easier to carry out to hunt ground hogs. See Jim the demons are already working on me.

Craig

The demons never sleep Jim. I'm nervous as heck knowing that my .30 will be very soon. That will mean that I have no guns on order. Over the last year I have been waiting on at least 1 of 3 of the Raws that will complete (I think) my run on them.

I'm guessing next will be a .30 cal in a gun that will accept a Donny FL device and be a bit easier to carry out to hunt ground hogs. See Jim the demons are already working on me.

Craig

Airgun demons can be very powerful if you let them to far into your thoughts and if you do you might as well open up the wallet and run that plastic and hopefully pay it off asp.

When I shoot my HMx .30 all I hear is a puff of air and the pellet hitting the metal AR500 plate, two of my brothers were here last week shooting with me and they couldn’t believe how quiet the 30 RAW was, it’s just as quiet as my Wildcat .25 with the SUMO on it, just a puff of air at least that’s all I hear.

Come on Jim, you know that your want for that LRT.25 isn't going away. It's kinda lonesome here in the wait "Q". Sure could use some company and Ken is just a phone call away. Uj

That is true it isn’t going nowhere and I think about it everyday but I have a few other wants I’m trying to take care of now, trying to talk the wife into a L2501DT or a JD990 tractor for my property plus I need to go to the county and get a permit to put up a 30ft x 40ft pole shed out on the property so I have a few other items I would like to take care of before a 25 lands in my lap, heck I could add the 25 cost to the tractor or pole shed as a needed tool hahaha.

@Imold get a .25 poly barrel and probe. Order up an LRT stock in your desired material and color. You'd be all set for quick swaps with your .30.

I have thought about doing it that way, I was looking at the 25 Barrel that was for sale awhile ago but decided to hold off but the more I think about it the poly barrel and Probe just might be the best way to go then I would keep my 25 Wildcat for its compactness, just knowing I could change Barrel and probe anytime I want would be a big plus.

Know what this means?? It means I’m going to have to order MKIIs or Barracudas to try out from Sean’s testing those 30.86 (31.02?) Barracudas seam to really shoot nice out of the .25 barrel. 

Now the real question? With the .25 poly barrel would a person be better off shooting MKII Heavy 33.95 for distances of 50 yards to 125 yards? Now that’s my ? Of the day.

MkI pellets group a little better than mkII pellets out of my 60 ft lb poly barrel if that helps. 50 yards, haven’t got out to over 100 yet. Both will hit a 2” target every time at 80 yards. 

Matt 

Totally agree with Matt-but one edit: the Mk I pellets will hit the 2" spinners at 100 yards, every time (it's almost boring). The Mk II's seem to be a bit more erratic through the Polygon barrel.

Keep us posted Jim...

Sean