RAW REPORT

"glassman"The trigger on my .357 was in my opinion a bit light for hunting. Tested it and it came from the factory at 6 ounces. had it adjusted up to 12 ounces. Feels better there for my intended use.
Six ounces? I must have got bad skinny. I agree, six oz is way too light for hunting. So, 12 oz works for you? Interesting. A lot of folks think a pound is too light for hunting, but I like that weight.

As a further side note. Sound level and it's perceived volume is highly subjective. I'm still not sure what someone means when they say "backyard" friendly. I can tell you this. I have shot my .357 inside the house (no pellet obviously) and outdoors. In my opinion the noise is not a sharp noise. A loud clap of my hands is "sharper" and in my opinion more noticeable and louder than the .357. If you have used a pneumatic pin nail gun and can use that as a reference point, my .357 is quieter than a pneumatic pin nail gun being triggered. I live in the middle of the city. If I heard the .357 being fired in the neighbors yard 30 - 40 feet away over a 6 foot tall block fence I might wonder what the noise was but would not be alarmed in any way. That is just me. My .357 is quiet enough that when shooting at a target 65 yards away with a wood log as the backstop, the pellet hitting the log is a sharper and more noticeable noise than the rifle itself firing. That is what I am hearing when I shoot the rifle and hear both the noise from the shot and the pellet impact. My poinion for what it's worth.

It is definitely louder than my Air Wolf .22, Wildcat .25 and Compatto .177 all of which have Hugget moderators on them. They are all silly quiet in my opinion. I guess it depends upon an individuals tolerance and sensitivity to noise. When compared to any .22 rim fire rife I have owned the .357 is by far much quieter, including .22 shorts and subsonic rounds. I will admit that I have yet to do a side by side comparison. I think we get "spoiled" or used to having other air rifles that are so much quieter that when we do shoot something with a little more "bark" it just seems louder and "unfriendly".

"glassman"As a further side note. Sound level and it's perceived volume is highly subjective. I'm still not sure what someone means when they say "backyard" friendly. I can tell you this. I have shot my .357 inside the house (no pellet obviously) and outdoors. In my opinion the noise is not a sharp noise. A loud clap of my hands is "sharper" and in my opinion more noticeable and louder than the .357. If you have used a pneumatic pin nail gun and can use that as a reference point, my .357 is quieter than a pneumatic pin nail gun being triggered. I live in the middle of the city. If I heard the .357 being fired in the neighbors yard 30 - 40 feet away over a 6 foot tall block fence I might wonder what the noise was but would not be alarmed in any way. That is just me. My .357 is quiet enough that when shooting at a target 65 yards away with a wood log as the backstop, the pellet hitting the log is a sharper and more noticeable noise than the rifle itself firing. That is what I am hearing when I shoot the rifle and hear both the noise from the shot and the pellet impact. My poinion for what it's worth.
I'm glad to hear that, glassman. I don't have a backyard, so that reference does not apply to me :) All my shooting is in the field. My only concern is spooking game. The RAW HMx .357 doesn't appear to lend itself to after-market moderation.

"glassman"It is definitely louder than my Air Wolf .22, Wildcat .25 and Compatto .177 all of which have Hugget moderators on them. They are all silly quiet in my opinion. I guess it depends upon an individuals tolerance and sensitivity to noise. When compared to any .22 rim fire rife I have owned the .357 is by far much quieter, including .22 shorts and subsonic rounds. I will admit that I have yet to do a side by side comparison. I think we get "spoiled" or used to having other air rifles that are so much quieter that when we do shoot something with a little more "bark" it just seems louder and "unfriendly".
Your words give me comfort. The noise level is my main concern of moving up to the .357 from the .30. I was pleased with the noise moderation of my Impact .30. I was going to get a Huggett Magna, but the factory mod did a fine job.

"Imold"I'm glad that I don't need to worry about the sound level a airgun puts out however I do feel for the folks that live in town and have to deal with the noise level and the fact that they need to spend more on sound deadening devices just to enjoy their rifles.
Well, young man; I'll find out first-hand soon enough. My RAW is supposedly shipping this week! I'm giving Sandra a call tomorrow to ostensibly request that she send me a final Order Confirmation, but really to check on the status of my baby!

"marcella69"
"Imold"I'm glad that I don't need to worry about the sound level a airgun puts out however I do feel for the folks that live in town and have to deal with the noise level and the fact that they need to spend more on sound deadening devices just to enjoy their rifles.
Well, young man; I'll find out first-hand soon enough. My RAW is supposedly shipping this week! I'm giving Sandra a call tomorrow to ostensibly request that she send me a final Order Confirmation, but really to check on the status of my baby!
Well say High to Sandra from the guy in Mn who can't sleep at night due to the fact he has a HM1000x (regulated to 130 ft/lbs)ordered and the wait is keeping him up at night thinking about the fun he is going to be having when it arrives.........j/k.

"Imold"
"marcella69"
Well say High to Sandra from the guy in Mn who can't sleep at night due to the fact he has a HM1000x (regulated to 130 ft/lbs)ordered and the wait is keeping him up at night thinking about the fun he is going to be having when it arrives.........j/k.
Even though I have been waiting 11 weeks since my order, it hasn't diminished my enthusiasm. In fact, it just made it more acute!

"marcella69"
"Imold"Only at your home Marco it will still be cloudy here with a slight chance of envy hahaha.
I wish I had someone like me when I was waiting for my RAW. When I first placed my order, I knew of no one out there who actually had a RAW HMx .357 (130 ft-lbf regulated).

I don't know anyone that has a 130 ft/lbs regulated.357 besides us being its a newer offering from RAW but hopefully there will get to be more out there to compare notes with, I know there are a few HM1000's and some HM1000x but not the new 130 regulated ones.

edit for 130

"Imold"
"marcella69"
"Imold"Only at your home Marco it will still be cloudy here with a slight chance of envy hahaha.
I wish I had someone like me when I was waiting for my RAW. When I first placed my order, I knew of no one out there who actually had a RAW HMx .357 (130 ft-lbf regulated).

I don't know anyone that has a 130 ft/lbs regulated.357 besides us being its a newer offering from RAW but hopefully there will get to be more out there to compare notes with, I know there are a few HM1000's and some HM1000x but not the new 130 regulated ones.

edit for 130
Doesn't Scalf have an HMx .357? But it might not be the regulated one. You may be right. Can it really be just you and me?