RAW REPORT

"Hynzie"
"SMH77"I use the Hawke Sidewinder FFP 6-34x56 scope and love it. If I had one (minor) complaint it is that the distance knob doesn’t have a marking for 75 yards. Glas is very clear though, and the eye box is great.
THANKS SEAN the FFP is something that intrigues me

I'll never have anything but FFP anymore. It's that way scopes should be made. I really can't see why you would ever want a scope that the two devices to adjust POI using different denominations. Farther more the mil lines in the scope that don't grow and shrink based on magnification never made scene to me either.

That said for all the guys out there that are happy with the other styles and are accustom to them enjoy them.

I was concerned a bit switching over to FFP but it is so easy to sight in, and playing for wind.

Craig

HI CRAIG i know what your saying MY FFP scopes are great SWFA 3 15 42 ,i own 2 awesome glass but for me,,inside 40 yards thats where its best ,i also have a MTC VIPER PRO 5 30 50 its a gimmick scope my son likes it ,i need to make it easier for us with the range turret tape ,what FFP scopes are you using ,and using for longer ranges 75 to 100 yards pat

"Hynzie"HI CRAIG i know what your saying MY FFP scopes are great SWFA 3 15 42 ,i own 2 awesome glass but for me,,inside 40 yards thats where its best ,i also have a MTC VIPER PRO 5 30 50 its a gimmick scope my son likes it ,i need to make it easier for us with the range turret tape ,what FFP scopes are you using ,and using for longer ranges 75 to 100 yards pat

I like this one. It is mounted on my .22
Athlon Optics 6-24x50 Argos BTR Tactical Rifle Scope, FFP Ill. APMR Reticle, 0.1 MIL, 30mm Tube

I have this on my .25 and one ready for my .30 cal.
Athlon Optics 8-34x56 Argos BTR Tactical Rifle Scope, FFP Ill. APMR Reticle, 0.1 MIL, 30mm Tube

Sean has been having good luck with a Hawke model.

Craig

"crgabel"
"Hynzie"HI CRAIG i know what your saying MY FFP scopes are great SWFA 3 15 42 ,i own 2 awesome glass but for me,,inside 40 yards thats where its best ,i also have a MTC VIPER PRO 5 30 50 its a gimmick scope my son likes it ,i need to make it easier for us with the range turret tape ,what FFP scopes are you using ,and using for longer ranges 75 to 100 yards pat

I like this one. It is mounted on my .22
Athlon Optics 6-24x50 Argos BTR Tactical Rifle Scope, FFP Ill. APMR Reticle, 0.1 MIL, 30mm Tube
I have this on my .25 and one ready for my .30 cal.
Athlon Optics 8-34x56 Argos BTR Tactical Rifle Scope, FFP Ill. APMR Reticle, 0.1 MIL, 30mm Tube
Sean has been having good luck with a Hawke model.
Craig
thanks CRAIG

"SMH77"
"DeutschKSK"Hey Craig I only have used NSA slugs.. really good ammo.
I have never tried slugs either, in any cal. I have the .25 polygon that shoots Mk I pellets really well, and would be interested in trying slugs. Where do you buy then from? At what distance do you fee they do better than the pellets?

https://nielsenspecialtyammo.com/

"mubhaur"I don't know why but 2nd focal plane scopes are my choice.
All My Vortex Diamondback hp are 2nd focal plane.

Mubhaur,
I was not sure if I would like the change to FFP but it makes sense from an ease of calculating stand point.
Once I shot with my first FFP I was sold. Like I said I guess it's not for everyone but I'll never change back. To each their own. The only right choice is what you personally are use to or want to try.

Craig